CHOMP Toolbar (latest version 0.67)

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Takanu, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, it should be the case with the SP3 as it was with my tablet, but even if you find a touch profile for your device, it still might not work fully and the script itself may require further modifications, like mine does. I will post a guide soon as to how a touch profile can be created, ive just been busy with other things and it took me forever to develop the icons and toolbars I currently have, and needed a break x_x. I'm not sure why it won't run though, the only reason that should happen is if the wrong version of AutoHotkey is installed :x

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  2. reloaded

reloaded Pen Pal - Newbie

Completely understand. I've sunk so many hours into creating icons and toolbars using the AHK scripts, but without having to worry about the technical functions. Just trial and error with ones that already worked on the previous devices (surface pro 2 and EP121). thanks to industrious individuals like your self.

When you have time it would be great to get a guide on how the touch profile works. Also any information on how you are connecting the software. What version of AutoHotKey should I have installed? I just installed the latest version AutoHotkey111501_x64.

In the meantime I guess I'll be dusting off the old Razer Nostromo keypad to program the shortcuts and hotkeys, then check the thread regularly.

Thanks.

3. AirbornStudios

AirbornStudios Pen Pal - Newbie

i am on the same fence reloaded. I have my surface 3 since yesterday. was on samsung slate before. i love the hardware, the screen is great bit so far I couldn't get touch (for the shortcuts) and pen to work at once. This toolbar seems to be able to do this. tho it crashes a lot on me. Would love to customize it, add shift, alt and control for the use with zBrush. This tool gives me the hope i do not have to return it, being a lazy ****er and all :D

by now i have a quickly modified version for zbrush, the most imortant tools work

tho

how does one close the toolbar?

will it be possible to hide the toolbar if i hover over it with my pen? on artdock this happened to get at stuff thats hidden by the toolbar.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  4. AirbornStudios

AirbornStudios Pen Pal - Newbie

okay here is a very quick and dirty version for zbrush i was thinking about making the buttons a bit bigger to be controlled with the thumb.

http://steffenunger.com/zbrushtest.zip

would really love to know how to hide the toolbar, or close it without taskmanager. Also, why is the zbrush logo getting replaced by the last loaded logo? this is not the case in any other toolbar by you :|

however, sorry for treating you toolbar so hard, but we needed something for zbrush that works on the surface pro 3 :)

5. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey AirbornStudios,

Nice to see you in this forum also! You can close the toolbar by right-clicking on its tray icon.

6. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm actually making a toolbar for ZBrush as I speak, although to my knowledge this toolbar only has patchy Surface Pro 3 support due to the lack of a specific touch profile. I am in the middle of writing how to make touch profiles for toolbars so if someone hasn't been able to make one yet, hopefully this guide will tell people how to get their tablet working with few issues. I've just been so busy over the summer with other things that this kinda slipped down the priority list sorry. I hope to have a guide uploaded within the next week.

If any Blender users are using this toolbar, with the recent version 2.71 I plan on providing a plugin with a new toolbar set, that makes heavy use of the new Pie Menus, to enable many functions to be accessed quickly without the need for a keyboard :D

EDIT - I've now posted a guide, you can find here: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/guide-getting-your-tablet-working-with-touch-toolbars.63949/

NEW VERSION 0.60 (20/09/2014): Direct Download
    - Added a preliminary ZBrush toolbar. By the end of next week I hope to have a full toolbar for the program :)
    - Altered the touch profile on the Sony VAIO Duo 13, making buttons significantly more responsive and fixing most of the bugs in the toolbar. Buttons will never stay activated when moving your finger off them, and it is now impossible to tap one button while holding another.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  7. romz34

romz34 Pen Pal - Newbie

Really nice toolbar !

I really like the icons, did you made them ?

Thanks.

8. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, I did design them :)

9. Mimi Min

Mimi Min Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for this, it looks spiffy! I only just now decided to finally get AHK so I could use this.

I'm using a SP3; The DPI scaling is a big problem, I found I could fix it in other apps by going to Properties > Compatibility > Disable DPI Scaling, but I don't know how much about AHK and obviously setting it for AHK doesn't really do the trick. I did a quick Google search and found that you can disable DPI scaling in the script? Does this work? I have no idea how to do anything haha! But I would really like to get this working; this toolbar is something I really need and all of the stuff on this screen is tiny enough already, so I'd like to avoid going down to 100% if I can help it. For now I'll just suck it up (that's how excited I am).

Also, I doubt something like this can be done, but it would be cool if it could dock on the side of the screen rather than cover it up; and/or hiding the media controls.

And one more thing; are we able to change some of the keys/add our own? I'm sure I could figure it out but I don't want to mess with something that was made in hopes of not being messed with. In particular, I'd like the "Undo" function to be "Step backwards" rather than "Undo" in Photoshop, but I'm only speaking for myself; I don't know about others.

10. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, I know theres a way it can be done as I've seen one other toolbar have this feature, but the code isn't actually available for it. I guess I will have to search online as to how.

The script used to actually dock to the side, pushing icons behind it to the side. It was buggy when switching between toolbars of multiple sizes, but for some reason the feature no longer works anyway. Ideally Id need someone programming minded to help me finish the toolbar, as this toolbar project is mainly design-minded, the actual script has been taken from the artslate. AHK scripting is pretty confusing and messy x_x

Yeah, you can customise toolbars however you like. You can either edit the Photoshop text file inside the txt folder, or make a new text file and reference it inside the MenuDock text file with the other toolbars. Theres a guide on customising them here: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/artdock-guide-compatibility-and-links.58400/

I
    planned on exporting the icons in multiple resolutions, but hadn't done as I didn't think anyone was using it. Ill try and get that done today and update the package so you can use whatever size icons you want for your toolbars, which should help with the DPI issue :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.