Chipset Driver & Slow Screen Rotation

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Underdog7, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nagy_peter

nagy_peter Pen Pal - Newbie

exactly!
    I am also waiting for the M780G Chipset driver. I think that will sort my graphic problems out immediately. How long it may take from ati such a release? Or they are not bothering any more about XP?
    If somebody knows, please let me know.
    (I tried the gigabite version, but it did not help)

Thanks

Peter

2. GreatWizard

GreatWizard Pen Pal - Newbie

Yea strangely they don't list it, but the driver is obviously for our chipset if you select it by selecting MB/IGP on AMD site (as in the attached picture, even though I believe it's a unified pack so you probably get the same files no matter what you select) and when you install it it several chipset related drivers in addition to the display driver (specifically sata and ide drivers).

P.S. I selected vista, but you get the same list if you select XP.

P.P.S screen rotation - try reinstalling HP software. I had a really slow response time too when using the HW buttons.

Attached Files:

3. quanno

quanno Pen Pal - Newbie

im really confused... so should we install the gigabyte one or find one from the amd site... or is it bundled with the video drivers in the swsetup folder

4. GreatWizard

The AMD site provides the latest version, your SWsetup folder provides the hp version which is a bit older. Gygabyte site was linked before amd listed hd3200.

By the way, mobility modder is a very nice utility in case you can't install the catalyst drivers for some reason.

5. Underdog7

Underdog7 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks Drtigerlilly and GreatWizard.
    It wasn't the driver, and I ended up just doing a system recovery, but everything is working great now, and I have all the updated drivers too. :)

Edit: I just installed Quickplay from the HP website, and my computer started slowing down again exactly like it had been before. I ended the Quickplay process "qpservice.exe" and everything is working fine again, if this helps anybody.

6. hidasip

hidasip Pen Pal - Newbie

i don't believe this, this is crazy:)
    you helped me with your last senctence a lot!! the screen rotation worked really slow, now i killed the qpservice, and everything is working fine. It's crazy, is there any way to kill that process permanently?
    thanks a lot

7. GreatWizard

run msconfig from start-> there disable the process from the startup tab

8. GreatWizard

I researched this a bit more, and now it seems I was mistaken!

The southbridge driver, lower on that same page download page, after you select the OS and IGP and press "go" is apparently the one that contains the chipset drivers. I've now installed it and in the install process it lists the same drivers as the catalyst, but it lists the chipset drivers with a checkbox, so I think that the catalyst install only shows that a version of those is already installed.

9. nagy_peter

nagy_peter Pen Pal - Newbie

a link would be appreciated.
    I will try it, but I think, I will go back to vista, if nothing helps.
    thanks
    peter

10. GreatWizard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.