Chinese tablet competition steps up a gear

Discussion in 'Artists' started by doobiedoobiedum, Aug 8, 2018.

1. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member

For anyone interested, Huion will be releasing the first non Wacom 13,3 inch pro pen tablet with tilt support. (I thought it better to start a separate thread than attach onto and divert a Wacom thread)

In 2016, the Artisul D13 was released which has had some really good reviews in comparison with the Wacom 13 Pro which offers similar screen resolution and adobe RGB gamut. That model didn't however offer tilt support whereas the new Huion does.

Huion Tablet - Digital Journal article.

For years we've wanted competition to Wacom and it's getting there. This is really good news for the future - hopefully these Chinese manufacturers will start using higher resolution screens in the larger screens.

Cuberdon75 and YVerloc like this.
  2. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hope they figure out how to implement this in 15.6'' asap!

doobiedoobiedum likes this.
  3. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member

Given that Huion introduced the V2 of the 15.6 only last year I doubt we'll be seeing an upgrade till 2019. For me the biggest thing about this 13.3 tablet is they laminated the screen onto the digitiser. Huion have upgraded their 19 inch best seller to EMR but it's still 1080p. Screen not laminated either.

If I was in the market (which I'm not) this wouldn't be high enough resolution for larger screens. You can get away with 1080p on a 13 inch but you are pushing it when most monitors now at 15 inch and above are going towards 2K at least.