Cheap and Easy EP-121 Replacement Stylus with Button

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by gork1rogues, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gork1rogues

gork1rogues Pen Pal - Newbie

It definitely should be in a different thread. I will ask in one of the longer running threads to see if the information could be obtained. Someone previously opened my ep121 and upgraded some parts but completely removed the cable. Anyways that is enough cable talk for this thread, thank you for the feedback.

2. Sacardo

Sacardo Pen Pal - Newbie

3. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Do these have same dimension as the stock pen?

4. purplepeopledesign

purplepeopledesign Scribbler - Standard Member

Don't know. I bought these for my Toshiba tablet. The body is the same 9mm diameter as the stock Toshiba pen but the the little lanyard loop prevents full insertion in the holder.

:)ensen.

5. gork1rogues

gork1rogues Pen Pal - Newbie

Nice. I must have overlooked your find on here. Color isn't too bad on those and the price is better. Call me picky, but I don't care too much for the factory white pen and white back cover.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. p0g18ry

p0g18ry Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello! I am rezzing this thread because I lost my stylus and am too cheap for my own good to outright pay $40 for a new stylus and I need some advice. Will any old wacom pen work on our tablets? The one from the Surface Pro worked but a Bamboo one did not and I am in a pinch since I lost my stylus. I found this off ebay: New Gateway E 155 E 155C Wacom Executive Stylus Pen 5 Extra Tips Eraser 6621 | eBay Should this one work? I'd really love it if it could; I'm not even worried about it fitting in the slot. Thanks!!!!

7. Michaelk42

Michaelk42 Giant Robot Pilot

Nope, Bamboo pens won't work (I have an older and a pen and touch, they don't eve interchange between the two Bamboos actually.) You need the UP/Ultrapen/Penabled type of stylus.

However, I bought that EXACT pen from those very people in your Ebay link, and it works on my EP121 just fine. Obviously it's not going to fit in the silo (it has that raised ridge that I assume made it click into place in the Gateway tablet, and it's about 2cm shorter than the stock UP-model stylus) but I don't keep it in there anyway.

8. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

9. p0g18ry

p0g18ry Pen Pal - Newbie

You are awesome! That's exactly what I needed to know.

Thanks for finding that post! I knew we had one out there; I was just struggling to find it.

10. p0g18ry

p0g18ry Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered this as well and it worked! $10 only for a direct replacement WITH a right click button and eraser functionality. True, I had to file off the raised part on it, but that only took about 5 minutes and a lot of patience. Definitely worth the money if you need a spare or a replacement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.