Charging US machine in Australia

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by P8RSON, Oct 18, 2007.

1. MR_fanny

MR_fanny Pen Pal - Newbie

so yeah, stupid topic but i just received my 4220 from laptop authority who were fantastic to deal with. It is now sitting here infront of me and the document says to plug it into the a/c before powering up, i assume to start charging. Is it as easy as just buying a US adaptor for the AC, plug it into the Aussie socket and away i go?

It also says to register vista. i am inclined to do so. do i have to? And what is this "Click Me" that i have to install also?

cheers.

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Didn't Laptop Authority include the correct power socket converter in the box?
    e.i. to change it from the US 2 pin to whichever you use in Australia.

I'm almost certain for the UK market, they include a 2 pin to 3 pin socket converter.

3. MR_fanny

MR_fanny Pen Pal - Newbie

nup didnt get one. just grabbed an el-cheapo with basic power surge protector thingy from the local electronic store so all is sorted.

what about registering vista? i read somewhere it makes the xp serial obsolite if i decide to go back to xp?

this is my first laptop, i was abit worried about the 12" display and couldnt find one on display to actually play with but it seems like the perfect size for me. Quiet little bugger too.

think its advisable making a restore point right now before any software is installed yet?

cheers. thanks for putting up with these newbie questions.

4. ahamilton55

ahamilton55 Scribbler - Standard Member

The Vista registration is up to you. I usually don't register with Microsoft because I don't really see the point (doesn't really give access to anything special). As far as the XP serial situation, I'm sure that it does something with your XP serial number but with all the people that are going back to XP now it will probably still let you reinstall XP.

5. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

As to the backup ~ most certainly....
    Take an image of your hard drive now.

That way it will be a lot easier and quicker, should you ever decide to drop back to day 01 of ownership. :)