Changing the Processor

Discussion in 'Asus' started by kerrigjl, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kerrigjl

kerrigjl Pen Pal - Newbie

Just was wondering if anyone had pulled out the processor in your R1F (mine is stock with a T5500). If so, are any of the merom core 2 duos supported, or does the BIOS limit it? I'd rather not contact tech support, as I fear telling them that I'm considering swapping out the cpu might maybe void the warranty. Thanks!

2. hamud

hamud Pen Pal - Newbie

why u want to do that ?? the difference between T5500 and T7200 will be seconds ?? if u want more performance just change the hard disk to 7200 rmb and put more ram !!

and about your question i think that u can't change the processer

3. firsttiger

firsttiger Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm pretty sure that's not true. I had my CPU upgraded from the T5500 to T7200 in front of me. It's relatively simple to do from what I could see.

4. espian8

espian8 Pen Pal - Newbie

Its not true, you can easily upgrade the processor; you just have to buy one of the merom line processors like t7200, t7400, etc...

No santa rosa models are supported though, so make sure you research which processor to get like the compatible t7200 or t7400.

Just make sure you have some technical capabilities because im 99% sure this activity voids any warranties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.