Changing location in a web browser?

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by resuS, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

Could you help me? How to change a location in a web browser? (russian firmware). What I mean: Now, when I open web pages every of this is in TW, but an interface language is russian. This is stupid localization of the products!

2. etienne

etienne Pen Pal - Newbie

Isn't russian web broswer in russian firmware?

3. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

It is the russian web browser but localization of every web page in TW. I want to see english or russian google.com instead TW:(

4. BlacKnight

BlacKnight Scribbler - Standard Member

IMO this isn't about localisation. I think the Eee Note browser is one of that "new" breed of browsers that render web pages to a central server before forwarding them to your local device. It looks like the server is in Taiwan, so to the HTTP server you are requesting web pages from you appear to be located in Taiwan. Hence, you get Chinese Google, etc.

This also has security implications since any information you enter on any web page will be transmitted to the server in Taiwan first. I wonder what they do with the information :D

To avoid these problems you can use an alternative browser, like Lightweight.

5. etienne

etienne Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh haha, why they had this idea? I think that's the worst idea they could do. Not only for localization, but security? I'm really really upset by that.

6. BlacKnight

BlacKnight Scribbler - Standard Member

Several browsers designed for mobile devices use server-side rendering, such as Skyfire (v1) and Opera Mini. It has the following potential benefits:
    • Data can be compressed before transmission to the mobile device, reducing bandwidth requirements.
    • Complex web pages can be rendered on the server without requiring much processing power on the mobile device.
    • In principle, video can be rendered without requiring any plug-in on the mobile device.
    • Large complex web pages can be rendered using a virtual high-resolution screen, allowing the user to zoom & pan on a mobile devices with a low resolution screen.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.