Change tablet pc forums to "Discussion"

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by Art, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mas5acre

mas5acre Pen Pal - Newbie

For a long time I browsed this site then I stopped when I bought my e1705 notebook, so I used notebookreview.com more frequently, I recently came back to these forums and was like Where the hells Discussion? Oh its tablet pc forums. A little confusing for sister sites that also seem to seamlessly link between one another. Why not make notebookreview.com and tabletpcreview.com uniform by calling them both discussion or both notebook/tablet pc forums? (notebook forums for one, tablet pc forums for the other)

2. Thomas

Thomas Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I'm a member at NBR as well, they recently changed to Discussion to invite more newbies in(some don't know what forums are).
    It might be a good idea to change Tablet PC Review's to Discussion, to be more uniform and more newbie friendly.

-Thomas

3. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

As far as I can see the only significant difference is in the grey navigation bar text, "Tablet PC Forums" vs "Discussions". I don't know if that falls under admin purview (i.e. whether we can change that), but I'll let the admins know.

4. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

"Discussions" confuses an old timer like myself. I prefer "forums". That said, I've been here long enough that as long as the link is still in the same place, I'll probably click it many times before I notice a change.

5. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I personally prefer the "forums" label too since I know what they are; "discussions" makes it seem more like a comment-enabled blog post. But in any case, Tiffany says the site might be undergoing a makeover (as can be seen from the Digital Camera Review and PDA Review sites), so it might be renamed then.

6. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Thirded for forums. I get the opposite effect as mas5acre: on the odd occasion I go to NBR I spend a second looking about for "forums" and then finally remember that they don't call it that over there.

Whatever floats your boat I guess. We'll see what Tiffany does with the makeover then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.