cf-18 digitizer question

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by gray, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gray

gray Pen Pal - Newbie

I have an opportunity to pick up a 2nd hand cf-18. I am considering using it for digital art.

The screen is a little small and the bezels look potentially annoying. I am going to ask about those issues on a more general thread. Here I have a technical question:

Will the touchscreen edition of the CF-18 work with the wacom digitizer pens? Can I turn the pressure sensor off? I want the digitizer only edition of the CF-18 (so no palm prints) but I am not sure yet if that is the model on offer.

thanks for any help.

2. Sergei

Sergei Digital Artist

Not sure if there's much point in answering this so much later, but just in case anyone has the same question:

I happily use a CF-18 for digital art. The bezel is not annoying. The screen is small, but it's a reasonable compromise with portability.

I would recommend upgrading the RAM to the maximum your model will take. Early models came with only 256MB of memory, which is really inadequate for comfortable graphics work.

I also recommend getting a full-size Wacom pen as the small bundled one is stumpy and not very sensitive. As well as the ones labeled "Penabled", Wacom's Cintiq pens are also compatible. Other Wacom pens (Intuos, Graphire, Bamboo etc.) will not work though.

The touchscreen model will not work with Wacom pens - except insofar as they work with any pen-like object. The pen's pressure sensor and buttons will have no effect.

Recent models of the CF-19 however offer both digitizer and touch. I understand that it switches automatically form one to the other, depending on whether the pen is near the screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.