CES 2014 prototypes 15.6" at 4K screens. . .

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by thatcomicsguy, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Precurve

Precurve Scribbler - Standard Member

> Do Bluetooth mice eat through batteries?
    > I'd really like the bluetooth keyboard that comes with this to also work with my phone or whatever other device very quickly so it is truly a one keyboard solution.
    -----
    I have owned and carried the following devices for about a year now with a Samsung slate w/Win8.1 and can recommend that tablet artists/enthusiasts check them out. I'm a mix of business consultant, interactive designer/industrial designer who does a wide mix of stuff on my pcs. PS, Sketchup, Modo, Windows office. I'm kind of new around the forum but I recognize many of us are seeking the same kinds of tools.

Bluetooth mouse:
    I carry a Microsoft wedge mouse. Its small and in addition to functioning as a normal mouse it has a scroll surface (good for basic win 8 flicks). At my home and office I have Logitech MX. The wedge mouse isn't as good as the MX obviously but its way more portable. The wedge holds a single AA battery and in my experience I go through one of those every 6 months if I use the Energizer Ultimate Lithium.
    Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse

Mobile Unifying Keyboard:
    Logitech Bluetooth K810 (illuminated)
    Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810 - Logitech
    I've had a spectacular experience with this. As much as I like Art Dock its really nice to have a little keyboard around for hotkeys. It can pair to 3 devices and toggle through them instantly with the F1,F2, F3 key. I have mine paired to SS7 slate, ipad3, S4 galaxy phone. It recharges though a USB cable and I charge it maybe once a week (but I don;t use it all day)

crashsuit likes this.
  2. MC1987

MC1987 Pen Pal - Newbie

Shame this will be £2000+

3. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Actually I'm curious what you guys think of something

The question I'm wondering is - is this better than say a Helix style form factor?

Take off the keyboard. You have a tablet with a flappy thing. Does space for extra power, ports, and battery make it worth getting flappy thing over helix thing?

4. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Unless this thing flies like a fighter jet because of it, probably not. Full iCore convertibles/tablets have struggled so much to obtain what a cheaper laptop can accomplish that while interesting concepts may surface, I doubt many will ever see the light of day. The mobile world still seems to be ruled by Atom, Android and iOS. The real power users are willing to compromise with the weight, bulk, normalcy of a laptop, so at most I'd expect very limited runs of these devices with probably non-sustainable sales outside of a very niche market. I'd expect most consumers to select the models without the goofy flange even if they're interested in other aspects of the device.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

5. testplayer

testplayer Scribbler - Standard Member

We finally have this thing shown on Computex now. Unfortunately, it is an ultrabook, not a mobile workstation with 32GB RAM and quad-core i7. Still acceptable if somebody can program the digitizer so that it can be used as an external pen display.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.