Catch22: $500 Rebate, chinese newyear victim... Rejoice

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by eko2, Feb 11, 2008.

1. key

key owner of the internet

eko, easy. you'll be getting it in just two days. Try to sleep as much as you can - time will pass a bit faster. Still, ease down a bit. Besides, I wish I was in your situation. Really I do - I wouldn't mind getting it on monday instead of friday or in worst-case scenario, monday in two weeks (And mind you, I ordered mine on 29th.)

2. eko2

eko2 Scribbler - Standard Member

haha, if you didn't notice, I am being facetious. I would think in the context of this thread thats would be obvious. anyway, oh well, just having fun while I have to wait. :)

3. redaffinity

redaffinity Pen Pal - Newbie

I wanted this laptop so badly. I had to get it out of my system. The $500 coupon made me buy it. The offer was too hard to give up on. But it's taking several weeks for it to come. My desires for this laptop is just about gone. Should I just sell it and earn a few hundred instead of keeping it? For you guys who got yours already, tell me how much you like it, so I won't end up selling mines, when it finally gets here.

4. buggybug0

buggybug0 Pen Pal - Newbie

i echo the same feeling. my current laptop is 3.9 lbs T7300 cpu and intel x3100, so the three most important factors (to me) are all well balanced between power/weight/battery life. and all three are better than those on the tx2000z. the only thing that made me buy it was the $500 coupon and the tablet feature. but now we are two month into the school semester, i already took half of my notes on paper. i wonder if the tablet feature would just be a gimmick now. siiiighhhh... and i have to worry about selling my current one :(

5. GJBenn85

GJBenn85 Pen Pal - Newbie

It has only been two weeks since the coupon was offered and we all knew the estimated shipping date was the 14th. I think HP has done a fine job of getting the PCs shipped considering the Chinese New Year...

Some of you guys are blowing this way out of proportion.

6. buggybug0

buggybug0 Pen Pal - Newbie

<--that may be an over statement.

but i guess it just reflects of how much we wanted this tablet. makes me feel like a kid again. i guess i'll make the most out of the tablet feature with the remaining semester.

7. tukiwa

tukiwa Pen Pal - Newbie

still.. if it werent for the new year, we would be posting with the tx2000 instead of posting about it.

8. key

key owner of the internet

if it weren't for the new year, probably there wouldn't be any -500$ rebate and you would still be posting "about" it, not "with" it.

9. redaffinity

redaffinity Pen Pal - Newbie

was going to pay full price for it anyway.. regardless of the coupon. I guess that $500 off makes up for taking so long.

10. eko2

eko2 Scribbler - Standard Member

lol, I'm still excited as hell to get it. I have needed a lappy for a year and a half now, looking and waiting for the best one. The $500 of pushed me over the edge. haha, I dont understand some of you people...

how can you lose interest in $1000 item that fast? lol whatever, not trying to start an argument. anyway, looks like tomorrow will be the day I loose my tablet-virginity, and I am excited.

Although a little worried about posts on the wacom screen bending issues... hopefully its not all and just some, and I am one of the lucky ones haha...