Catch22: $500 Rebate, chinese newyear victim... Rejoice

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by eko2, Feb 11, 2008.

1. eko2

eko2 Scribbler - Standard Member

So if your like me you fell for the $500 rebate from hp think you'd have a nice new tablet some time soon, then came the despair of reading these forums. Noone has gotten a confirmation email...

Someone brought up that it's the Chinese new year and this could mean delays... how convenient HP gives out big discounts when they know they wont be able to meet demand only worsening the problem :) catch 22 if I ever heard one.

anyway, after hours of pouring over forum I just decided to talk to the HP people and waste their time and money since I was most likely not going to see my tablet for a couple weeks. heres a mutilated version of the transcript..

Welcome to HP Total Care for Pavilion Notebooks. My name is Raven. How may I assist you today?

The estimated shipping date is your HP Notebook PC will be
    built by February 15, 2008.

I know that HP notebooks are made in a factory in china, I also know that we are in the middle of the chinese new year and many factories have shut down from the 7th to the 15th, is this going to delay my computer?

I suspect that your Notebook may be delayed for 2-3 days. But we try our best to ship as early as possible.

When I made my order, the HP website said, "the estimated build date is February 15, 2008" Does this mean that I will receive the notebook on the 15th? or does it mean the notebook will be shipped from the factory on the 15th?

Yes, you will receive it on 15th of February only.
    Dont worry!

haha thankyou
    that is all I wanted to knwo

You are welcome.

So there you have it straight from the horses mouth, all you fretters and worriers, while valentines day might be a stretch, the HP rep while level headed about possible delays had nothing official or any bad backups to report. Hope you get your tablet as soon as possible!

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  2. jason12

jason12 Pen Pal - Newbie

For those who really can't wait to get the ordered tx2000 I would recommend to watch one of the latest South Park episodes where Cartman can't wait to get his hands on soon to be released Nintendo Wii. Very educational.:)

3. Jgigs

Jgigs Pen Pal - Newbie

lol, that transcript doesn't resolve anything.

4. eko2

haha, no doubt, since when was an HP representative to be trusted? haha my bad :) on the other hand, maybe I will watch that ep. of south park but oh well haha.

5. Jgigs

Jgigs Pen Pal - Newbie

Yea, that response is almost as bad as a weather mans.

Anywhere from sunny, rain or snow up to 10 inches.

6. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

When I've encountered a "build date" Its usually not when its shipped. Like the Gateways. We used to see the processing flow online, from order, to processing, to building, to shipping.

build time isn't equal to shipped or shipping. I think you got hosed and the folks in china will end up being hung over building your unit. Get ready for a lemon. :D

7. redaffinity

redaffinity Pen Pal - Newbie

come to think of it. I never received my confirmation email either. My estimate date is the 14th..ill let you know if it gets here on time. =)

8. eko2

thanks for the input, I however am pretty sure that this is "the date" it is supposed to arrive. People that have ordered in the past all seem to get theirs either a day early or on that day.

Another thing to note, after I made my order I notice that instead of "build date" they used estimated "ship date."

9. eko2

Have you checked HP's Order Status page? is it still in production? Have they given a tracking number

10. ctodd111

ctodd111 Pen Pal - Newbie

I really hope they offer the $500 rebate again soon -- I would jump on it.