Cases/Sleeves/Stands for Asus Vivotab Note 8

Discussion in 'Asus' started by replax, Mar 7, 2014.

1. maki

maki Pen Pal - Newbie

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I have that for my Galaxy Note 8 & 10.1, but I must say I prefer the Versa sleeve solution. The PU 360 add a lot of bulk and is really only useful when you use an accompanying keyboard, not so much for tapping and inking.

3. seamonkey

seamonkey Pen Pal - Newbie

4. greatg

greatg Scribbler - Standard Member

I got the Minisuit case and so far so good. There is no magnetic interference (from what I can tell).

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I am actually quite happy with my IVSO case since the magnets were removed and the Velcro strips added. It may not be the most beautiful case on the block, but it is very functional and doesn't add a lot of bulk to the M80TA. I'm glad I put the fuzzy side of the strips on the clasp side of the cover. The hook side would be uncomfortable there.

6. thatdude90210

thatdude90210 Pen Pal - Newbie

Received my ebay cover. Got it in white as I like the look. What's interesting is that the magnets are in different locations to some of the IVSO ones that's been posted. I don't have any issues with the locations of the magnets, so I may not need to do anything to them. The 2 on the cover part are just narrow strips. Here's a pic with the magnets circled:
    cover1.jpg
    Here are couple more with the Asus in it:
    (the top pic was taken with the Asus, the other 2 were taken by phone with flash)
    No issues with openings, the pen is easy to get, & the fit is fine.
    2014-03-29 13.21.59.jpg
    2014-03-29 13.22.19.jpg

Edit: the magnet in the middle of the cover does affect the stylus in writing when folding behind the screen. The writing gets less accurate there when it's folded. I'm not sure its enough to remove it yet.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  7. alvarez13

alvarez13 Scribbler - Standard Member

Ended up buying the following case: Amazon.com: SUPCASE ASUS VivoTab Note 8 Case - Premium Slim Hard Shell Leather Case Cover M80TA (Black), 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty: Computers & Accessories

Initial impression is a pretty decent case. The leather is of course not real. This case has some really nice things about it:
    - No magnets, very important for writing and the most important feature of the case.
    - The elastic strap is great and secures the case in both the open and closed positions which a lot of cases don't.
    - The stand is faster to set than the VSTN magnetic case and is surprisingly solid.
    - The tablet clicks into the plastic nicely and is secure. I hate the cases with the leather frame.
    - The cut out for the pen lets you access it easily.

Here's some pictures. Let me know if you guys need more.
    20140401_222908.jpg
    20140401_222937.jpg
    20140401_222957.jpg

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    HJK likes this.
  8. squib

squib Pen Pal - Newbie

Is it possible to slide the elastic over your hand for extra grip?

9. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

On my Galaxy Note 8I have one of those BT keyboard that also functions as a cover, it is a tad short for the Asus so I was wondering if there exists something like that with a size that fits exactly on the Asus.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

10. alvarez13

alvarez13 Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes. It's very flexible.