Cases/Sleeves/Stands for Asus Vivotab Note 8

Discussion in 'Asus' started by replax, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twitfri

twitfri Scribbler - Standard Member

For those looking for a case where they can simply take out the tablet for use, I recommend this case:

M-Edge Universal 360° Case - Free US Shipping

Its a great alternative to the versasleeve. I got it from Staples and it fits very well. Plus there is a loop inside the case to also store another larger wacom pen.

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

It is identical to my IVSO case. I'm assuming that it works with magnets and I would be concerned about interference.

3. fureien

fureien Pen Pal - Newbie

hi all

so i got my ivso clone case from ebay today

i love it

it does everything ivso does at half the price

the magnet issue still exists but only apples to the edges

since i never use onennote at max full screen, but with a margin, i never even noticed the magnets issue. i only knew cause i tested the stylus in paint

4. whyired

whyired Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a Versasleeve and its pretty nice but I really wanted something I could use as a cover while note taking. Anyone have this case mentioned above?

Classic Case for ASUS VivoTab Note 8 M80TA (Auto Wake Sleep, Wallet, Stylus)

Does it have any magnet issues? Wondering if I should ebay the asus sleeve and buy one of these. Ugg, just ordered a pen loop from the ms store to go with my s-pen to..

5. fureien

fureien Pen Pal - Newbie

FYI
    you can get the classic case off ebay for similar price with included shipping

the ivso close folds like an apple smart cover so its awesome for writing

but the classic case has a holder so you can use it walking around

for the price of 1/4 of a retail case, id get both without blinking an eye

6. whyired

whyired Pen Pal - Newbie

Just wondering, the auto wake/sleep feature works via magnets in the case. Anyone know if this effects the stylus?

7. fureien

fureien Pen Pal - Newbie

The asus tablet does not have magnets
    there is no auto awake feature

And as mentioned already it does affect the stylus.

Slight distortion on the edges

but since one note opens in a window, you usually dont scribe that close to the edge anyway

8. whyired

whyired Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmmm I emailed the case maker today and their response was it does have the magnets. Do you have the actual case to confirm? Obviously some dude who answer my email might just assume there are magnets since other cases have, hence why I asked here.

I only ask since this would be a secondary case since I have the verasleeve, and just ordered a pen loop for my extra stylus. So I'm on the fence.on if I even need it. Main selling point for me is that I could take notes while in the case, still deciding if this is much of a requirement or deal breaker.

Also you can grab the case for cheaper or same as ebay from the retail site with free domestic shipping for those interested.

Many thanks for the feedback btw.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  9. fureien

fureien Pen Pal - Newbie

No i said the DEVICE doesnt have magnets
    but the case does

Thats why even though it has it, auto wake wont work.
    Also thats why there is some distortion

10. tgv

tgv Pen Pal - Newbie

Well I dont know about that, but when I came to select delivery address it wouldnt accept addresses outside of Germany. In any case, it seems to have gone now from the website. Some other shops that someone linked to wanted to charge me 60 euro so I think I'll give it a miss for now.

I'm thinking of going simply with a neoprene pouch and a stand for now, like the compass stands or arkon type

Twelve South Compass for iPad - Mobile stand for iPad with iPad mini (silver): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-Fo...8&qid=1395925040&sr=8-1&keywords=tablet+stand

Does anyone have experience of using these at a low angle for inking on? Do think that would work? I'm thinking the bits that stick out and hold the tablet in place at the bottom, on the compass stand in particular, might get in the way of my hand and be uncomfortable to work with but I'm not sure,..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.