Cases/Sleeves/Stands for Asus Vivotab Note 8

Discussion in 'Asus' started by replax, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmschultz22

jmschultz22 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Everyone...new to this forum.

Anyways, I bought the i-Blason case from Amazon in Blue and really like it. (Amazon.com : i-BLASON Asus VivoTab Note 8 Case - Leather Book Cover for M80T (Elastic Hand Strap, Multi-Angle, Card Holder) With Bonus Stylus 3 Year Warranty (Blue) : Electronics). Very nice case, access to all ports. The only downfall I would say is when the lid is tucked for typing mode, it's kind of weak. I don't plan to use this too much as I was looking for a case to hold one handed while marking up PDFs for work.

I posted pictures via my Flicker account for you to check out: https://flic.kr/s/aHsjUzGUzN.

2. fureien

fureien Pen Pal - Newbie

this is just a rebranded case available on ebay and aliexpress for like $12 bucks

3. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Got the black version and I agree its a good case. Fits pretty snug and it does make it a little bulky but when I compared it to my Dell with its IVSO case it seemed to be at least the same weight so I'm still happy with it.

4. greatg

greatg Scribbler - Standard Member

Can you provide a link?

5. fureien

fureien Pen Pal - Newbie

6. jmschultz22

jmschultz22 Pen Pal - Newbie

I did just check out Ebay. Pay attention as the have both the model with a hand strap and business card holder and models that don't. Cases with the strap are right around $15-$17usd. Without straps are $10 which is a steal!

I like Amazon due to Prime and being able to return quicker but for a

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

7. ananimus

ananimus Pen Pal - Newbie

Liking naked gadgets, I'm sniffing for a sleeve. Noticed some Amazon postings for old sleeves with AVTN8 slapped on as "okay." Some are for the iPad Mini though, and one user already noted the DV8P just barely fits.

The smallest tablet I can find without coming up short is the Kindle HDX 8.9"..
    AVTN8: 220.9 x 133.8 x 10.95 mm
    HDX 8.9": 231×158×7.8 mm

Anyone got better?

8. thatdude90210

thatdude90210 Pen Pal - Newbie

There are some pouches that are sold for the Dell Venue pro 8 that might fit. Like this one on Ebay. I have no experience with one, don't even know if they actually fit the Dell. :)

I'm using an original Samsung leather slip on pouch that i got for my Galaxy tab 10.1 until I can get a case. It's too big, like an inch on each border too big. At least it's protected while inside my backpack.

9. ananimus

ananimus Pen Pal - Newbie

Ha, exactly. That style tends to be pretty tight and brilliantly the posting doesn't show the DV8P even fitting inside! :mad: I'd like a snuggish zipper case, but all that's out so far are repurposed iPad cases.

The joys of early adopting...

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I've been using my IVSO, even without the magnets that let it double as a typing stand in Landscape. That was part of the whole point of a case. So, I've been looking at it and I think I can make a simple modification with a couple of pieces of black Velcro to accomplish the same thing. We'll see.

BTW, I like the way you can tuck the S-Pen w/eraser into the IVSO case.
    WP_20140317_004.jpg

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    cmergel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.