Cases/Sleeves/Stands for Asus Vivotab Note 8

Discussion in 'Asus' started by replax, Mar 7, 2014.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Holy Smokes - we are starting to look like an iPad website with unending attempts to convert our precious into a laptop...:eek::rolleyes::D

I just don't like keyboard cases because they add so much bulk (whether AVN8 or iPad Air). For me, the solution is a universal Bluetooth keyboard. The Microsoft Wedge is bulky but near full spacing, but the king of Bluetooth keyboards is the ThinkOutside/iGO Stowaway keyboard:

[​IMG]

It works great with my AVN8, iPhone 6 Plus, and even the SPro3 in a pinch. yes, another piece of "gear" but I really only want it when need longer keyboard sessions (like back in the hotel) so it stays in briefcase or carry on. That's also why I am such a SPro3 fan(atic) - I just love that keyboard cover on my slimjim tabtop!

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Had something like that with my old IPAQ. I always look to keep a keyboard handy while traveling. Even though I use it very little, on the few times I need it, it has saved my bacon while on the road. I still have my old Slate 500 KB from the folio. Works great. I use my M80TA mostly for consumption and note taking while on the road, but the KB is key for responding to emails and making original revisions to documents.

You're right about the Surface. It was nice to put such a slim package in a briefcase.

3. fishdavis

fishdavis Scribbler - Standard Member

I was just looking at that the other day. How is it to type on? Not super squishy keys, I hope? I like the chiclet scissor-switch MacBook-type keys on portable keyboards, wasn't sure what this one would feel like.

My current BT keyboard goes into sleep mode a bit too fast for my liking, which means after I tap a key I usually have to wait around a bit for it to be ready to type on.

4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

They still make those? I had one, but it was a special edition for the PalmPilot with a connector.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

5. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow! On Amazon, those things are going for over $200! Am I looking in the wrong place? Can they be had for less dough?

6. Cool_Breeze

Cool_Breeze Pen Pal - Newbie