Cases/Sleeves/Stands for Asus Vivotab Note 8

Discussion in 'Asus' started by replax, Mar 7, 2014.

1. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I would be glad to send it to you. I live in Hawaii and am not sure if USPS rates to Canada would be higher than if someone did this for you who lived in the mainland. Also I have Amazon Prime so the shipping to me if I bought it for you would be free. If you want to go ahead with this then I think it would be better if you send a PM so we don't clutter up the public thread here. I do not know the cost offhand of sending anything to Canada. Also you must keep in mind that if we do it this way then it will be a very inconvenient process if you find you want to return it for any reason.

2. bobor

bobor Pen Pal - Newbie

3. solitaire01

solitaire01 Pen Pal - Newbie

Funny you'd have mentioned this one, as it's the one I purchased after deciding the U.S. shipping wasn't worth the price (but thanks anyway guys!). Anyway I'm quite happy with it. The tablet stays put and is fairly well protected - no magnets, just a hard wrap clasp as is evident in the photo.

The edges feel a bit unprotected but not terribly so; definitely better than being nude outside the versa sleeve. I'd like to sew a stylus loop onto it at some point. It is also extremely stable and will not flop down when inclined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalin

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

5. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Exactly what I'm looking for. I have a splash hard silicone case for an i-Device that I wish was made for the Asus Vivotab.

I am now prepared to scour the Ebayz for this elusive type of case...

6. SAM 2013

SAM 2013 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I saw that case when I was on a trip and went into a BestBuy.
    It seemed bulky and plastically. But it was a clamshell and
    protected the screen completely.
    For the price ($79.95) I hoped they included a touchpad/pointing stick with it.

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I had my M80TA with me at BB the other day and they had these in stock. I'm not impressed. It does fit the 8 well but the KB is cramped and nothing to write home about. I prefer my Supcase and detached Slate 500 KB. Far better typing.

8. garagebattle

garagebattle Pen Pal - Newbie

Got my Supcase recently from a seller on Newegg. He has crappy reviews, but it showed up and fast.

9. Caldeio

Caldeio Pen Pal - Newbie

I have this case. I'm going to send them a picture and hopefully they improve it a bit. I had a 45$ Samsung case just like this for my Galaxy Tab 7 sch-i800, It's comparable.
    http://www.amazon.ca/Celicious-Leather-Ultra-Slim-Wallet-VivoTab/dp/B00JNW4CF0/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1413818454&sr=8-17&keywords=Vivotab note case

Overall it's a very nice case, no magnets and has a premium feel.
    Pros:
    Protects 3 corners. The cover has a nice hooked shaped tab that hold it's firmly closed. The cover has two slots for a kickstand type of thing. Stylus is easy to get out. Can set it on the closure tab for resting when not in use if set on table.

Cons:
    It is lacking a bit on material selection for the price. I value this at 15-16 dollars and not the 22 I think I paid. It does slide out of the kickstand slots very easy, they aren't either: deep enough, sharp enough cornered or our tabs with the way our edges are triangle does sit right. On a flat surface with no movement it's ok. Do not use it for lap/laying down work. The corner tabs and the one side tab wrap around the tablet even onto the screen it self a bit. So you could lay it screen down and there's a gap.

First time I put my tablet into the case The bottom tabs that kick out so it can go into kickstand mode tab tore a bit, and on the third time the other side did. It's so tight I'm afraid I'll break the case tabs putting it in or my tablet taking it out. I just leave it in there mostly though but I have taken it out a few times.

Makes the screen protect peel a bit. The tabs come onto the screen. Joto brand.
    Holes are slightly off in spots, like camera and speakers over camera. Only enough that there not dead center. Bottoms are close to cutting off speaker holes.

10. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

Why does this case not work well for writing/tapping? Does it fall over too easily? If so that is disappointing. A rotating stand could be great for drawing in theory.