Cases/Sleeves/Stands for Asus Vivotab Note 8

Discussion in 'Asus' started by replax, Mar 7, 2014.

1. jxythyl

jxythyl Pen Pal - Newbie

my thoughts exactly. While waiting for such cases to appear, i have already succumbed to ordering a magnet laden slim case. My versa sleeve is not too friendly for "on-the-go" reading/usage.

2. ac223mal

ac223mal Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there a link for the Belkin Case?

3. ac223mal

Link? Pictures?

4. Jackyhk

Jackyhk Pen Pal - Newbie

It does add bulkiness to the tablet, and depending on how you use it it affects your experience. The only difference between ipad and this is that Wacom requires magnetic stability where as ipad doesn't give a damm if the whole cover is made of magnet. So if pen use on to go is a big thing for you having magnets just ruins the purpose of getting this tablet.

It's wonky but it's a really nice feature and it gives additional protection.

5. ac223mal

Any link to the Belking case? Need a tough case for work. Thanks

6. jxythyl

jxythyl Pen Pal - Newbie

After lurking around for so long, i shall share some images of my new case from ebay...

To my surprise, the magnets arent really that strong and imho it doesnt really affect writing with the stylus.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Micro sd slot still accessible with the case on!

7. fishdavis

fishdavis Scribbler - Standard Member

That looks a lot like the one I just got:

Black Magnetic Folding PU Leather Stand Case Cover for Asus Vivotab Note 8 M80TA | eBay

Mine seems almost exactly the same aside from just having one visible magnet at the top where yours has several. It just arrived today and I'm pretty pleased with it for $8.31 w/shipping, wow. Looks a lot better in person than I had expected. Only thing is I was hoping it would have a lower viewing angle as well as the 80 degree one, but it is limited to the same angle as yours.

But for the price I'm pretty happy as it doesn't add much bulk and the lip sticks out a little bit past the screen, plus all the corners are protected from bumps, even the stylus corner, which I noticed some cases leave open and vulnerable.

edit: and the magnet doesn't cause problems.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  8. jxythyl

jxythyl Pen Pal - Newbie

I got mine for 11 USD, cant complain much at that price.

The viewing angle is also limited but it is overall slim and definitely better than my other Asus Versa sleeve since its attached to the tablet itself.

9. fishdavis

agreed, I mainly got it for the protective shell. might glue on another piece somehow so it can sit lower too.

hmm, maybe I can just fold the top flap in halfish...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  10. fishdavis

Friend just gave me a supcase and it works really well, although it's a little bit bulkier. Also the viewing angle does go down lower while remaining stable enough to work on (little bit of give), which is much better than having to flip the tablet/case the other side as with the other ebay case I got. I do wish the corner wasn't as vulnerable though :)