Cases/Sleeves/Stands for Asus Vivotab Note 8

Discussion in 'Asus' started by replax, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAM 2013

SAM 2013 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Looks good, if they just include a track stick and 6 level keyboard
    with the Windows Fn keyrow etc.

HeartStrong07 likes this.
  2. NK0d3R

NK0d3R Pen Pal - Newbie

It's really difficult to find a case for the Note 8. If you're from Europe as I am, you're even less likely to find one. I tried to look at some universal ones, but the note is a bit taller and narrower than the average 8 inch android tablets, so most of the universal 8 inch cases will be too small (the tallest I could find was 210 mm and the Note 8 is 220.9 mm). On eBay there are only some chinese ones (take about 3-4 weeks to deliver), and some universal ones, or some with magnetic enclosures which I want to avoid.
    I need to warn you about a stupid trend : people selling universal 8 inch cases are marking them as Note 8 - compatible without even checking (just based on the fact that the Note is an 8 inch tablet). For example this guy:
    Bookstyle Tablet PC Tasche Etui Hülle 8 Zoll für Asus VivoTab Note 8 M80TA | eBay . It looks really cool BUT if you check the description you will see (using Google Translate) that the height of the case is 200 mm, a whopping 2 cm less than the height of the Note 8 (that's almost one inch).

3. alexb2611

alexb2611 Pen Pal - Newbie

I originally got a sleeve case custom made from a seller on Etsy (https://www.etsy.com/people/bertiescloset), and then recently the official Versasleeve case was available from the UK ASUS web shop, so I got that too. I tend to alternate between the two depending on what I'm up to, as the Etsy one has a separate section which I put my Surface Pro stylus and a cleaning cloth in, but is a bit bulkier and doesn't have a stand function.

Cheers,
    Alex

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Thanks to Billydog72, I have a Versasleeve and supcase for the M80TA. http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/buy-sell-trade-tablet-pc-deals/62074-asus-vivo-tab-note-8-cases-screen-protector-free-just-pay-shipping.html You are the man. Although I like the Versasleeve, I don't know if I would use it as my primary cover for the M80TA. It is a perfect cover, however, for the Slate 500 keyboard.

[​IMG]

Looks great and the keyboard can stay in my briefcase without getting damaged.

[​IMG]

The supcase is more substantial than my IVSO.

[​IMG]

It is much more stable and feels a lot stronger than my IVSO when it is in tablet mode.

[​IMG]

The supcase clearly looks more professional than the surgically altered, Velcro customized IVSO case, but it is heavier and not as versatile. You pay a bit of a premium for the better looks (don't you always). Not sure which I'm going to use, yet, but I'm going to give the new case a try.

BTW, I could fit the tablet and KB in the Versasleeve but it was just a bit too thick to close it.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    Kumabjorn likes this.
  5. cmergel

cmergel DBA by trade.

I can second the Supcase for the AVTN8, it is fantastic. Love it.

6. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Does the Supcase have openings for the speakers and camera? Doesn't look like it from the photos but one reviewer on amazon mentions it has them. Thanks.

Sent from my M80TA using Tapatalk

7. Bronsky

It has both.

efjay likes this.
  8. squib

squib Pen Pal - Newbie

I can't help but picture Joe Pesci.

Bronsky likes this.
  9. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks, might give it a try.

Sent from my Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

10. Bronsky

Here's the back efjay.

[​IMG]

The supcase is a bit thicker than the IVSO.

[​IMG]

There are two upright typing positions.

[​IMG]

This is the low position which works well for type, touch and pen. I'm surprised at how much I like typing in this position.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    efjay likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.