Cases/Sleeves/Stands for Asus Vivotab Note 8

Discussion in 'Asus' started by replax, Mar 7, 2014.

1. replax

replax Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys!
    I recently purchased a IVSO case for my AVTN8, however I do not like it at all!
    It is: Heavy, not well made, really thick and not appealing. if the back part wouldnt be there, it wouldnt be nearly as bad, but that's not my choice unfortunately.

does anybody have good suggestions / other opinions on anything to make you tablet stand / protect it?

Thanks!!!

2. jaylj14

jaylj14 Pen Pal - Newbie

Could anyone confirm if the following folio case would work properly like the ipad's smart cover?
    I mean the auto wake /sleep function. I thought auto wake/sleep is the most important advantage of Thinkpad 8 (despite the high resolution).
    If AVN8 does support auto wake/sleep, then there will be no reason for me to get TP8.
    I've contact Minisuit's custom service. They are pretty sure that the auto wake/sleep would work on AVN8.

Classic Case for ASUS VivoTab Note 8 M80TA (Auto Wake Sleep, Wallet, Stylus)

3. BobWerk

BobWerk Pen Pal - Newbie

I use this plastic tablet stand for my desk: Amazon.com : Black Portable Fold-Up Stand for Apple iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy Tab, BlackBerry PlayBook and All Other 7-10 Inchs Tablet PCs : Touch Screen Tablet Computer Stands : Computers & Accessories
    Despite it being plastic and quite inexpensive, it's astoundingly solid. It holds the AVN8 in landscape as well as portrait pretty well. Standing angles are about 45° to 90° up right.

I haven't found a great sleeve yet either. I really don't like those thick flip cases that wrap all around your tablet. The tablet is thick enough without a case in my opinion. I would have wished for magnet-attachable cover like they do exist for the iPad, Surface and Thinkpad 8, but alas, this will never be. I'm thinking about going with the original Asus VersaSleeve. The design looks decent and offers tablet stand functionality without putting extra weight on the tablet. Have to admit though, the stand functionality looks pretty wonky. Does anyone have any experience with this sleeve?

4. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I would be surprised if you get the auto wake or sleep.

5. SAM 2013

SAM 2013 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If you want a case with a keyboard.

The MOKO case from Amazon works on both the Asus and the Dell.
    There are various listings from $24-$50+ so shop around.
    It comes with a generic bluetooth 5 level keyboard.(Fn keys dbld up)
    Also there are a couple or so variations.

Order the one with the clips and clip in the computer on the long
    edges, not the corners. The one with the border is too short
    for the Asus. It is 1/4" longer than the Dell.

Add:
    Forgot to include, it has a kickstand for propping it up when you are typing.
    (landscape)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  6. replax

replax Pen Pal - Newbie

sounds like i exactly agree with you, BobWerk!

i have a question considering the stand you got, is it stable enough to ink on it, if i recline the tab to 45°? Although I think that 45° might be too steep?
    I guess the versasleeve will be good, when it finally comes out.

7. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

My Asus came with this sleeve in a sort of grey denim cloth. It holds it in two different angles both for portrait and landscape. It is an adequate sleeve and you can insert a stylus on the side, but I'd only do that if I carried it in a bag. A magnet hold the cover in place.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

8. BobWerk

BobWerk Pen Pal - Newbie

I deem the stand unfit for inking purposes, maybe even for moderate to intense touch actions. The stand wobbles ever so slightly when touching the upper and horizontal edges of the tablet screen. The stand also tends to move easily due to a questionable design decision. The bottom branches have some foam attached to them to stand on, instead of rubber, which is used on the plastic branch for the tablet back. The foam obviously doesn't provide as much grip. Apart from that, yes, I'd say the angle is too steep to comfortably write in front of you.

But the stand is especially great for Skype video calls or controller-enabled games and showing off content and your tablet in a cool and space-saving fashion.

If you are looking more for a stand which turns your tablet into a working canvas, this might not be for you.

9. sudermatt

sudermatt Scribbler - Standard Member

Repost from The Big Thread...but I thought it would be helpful here

I received my iBlason case today....to be clear, there are two.

The Click In - No pen holder - the is the one I received
    Amazon.com : i-Blason Asus VivoTab Note 8 Case - Executive Hard Shell Stand Case Cover for M80T [Life Time Warranty] - Black : Electronics

The Slipper - Pen holder
    Amazon.com : i-BLASON Asus VivoTab Note 8 Case - Leather Book Cover for M80T (Elastic Hand Strap, Multi-Angle, Card Holder) With Bonus Stylus 3 Year Warranty (Black) : Electronics

I can confirm from earlier posts that I cannot find any magnets inside the case. They are all on the edge.
    I looked with a paperclip and could not find anything. I also do not notice any inking affects.

The pen is very difficult to get out...It requires some pretty serious bending of that corner. To the point where I can hear the glue sort of separating. I will probably have to do some surgery.

Can't we get 1 case that does it all? SHEESH!

10. daytripper

daytripper Road Warrior

Gotta say I'm a fan of the Versasleeve. Low profile and weight, nice outside feel to it plus the inside has the soft microfiber. The angle for inking in landscape works well for me. As to portrait; well, I either have it out of the case or on a flat surface anyway. It doesn't win any design awards for sure and I doubt it will last years, but for now it works as advertised