Case or Folio for Envy X2?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by SpellronHD, Feb 25, 2013.

1. jsherm101

jsherm101 Pen Pal - Newbie

know anyone selling the Vatuka in USA?

2. Alchemist

Alchemist Scribbler - Standard Member

3. xyz

xyz Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm currently using the Tucano Stand Up Sleeve Cargo, and this is the fittest case I've tried so far. This case is designed for the MBA 11" or other 11" ultrabooks. The shop where I bought this has many different cases from many different brands. I tried quite a few and this one fits like a glove for the X2 as you can see in the pictures.

Tucano Stand Up Sleeve Cargo

Most 11" and 12" cases are either too small or too big. Even other 11" cases from Tucano are too small because they're mostly designed for the MBA. Somehow the Tucano Cargo fits really well, just a little tight at the beginning, but after a day or two, the case is broken in and fits perfectly.

Before I bought the Tucano Cargo, I ordered the VATUKA case from eBay, but there were some mixed up in the shipping and it took some time to arrive, so I ended up checking the local shops and that's where I found the Tucano. To be honest, the VATUKA isn't a perfect fit like it stated on their website. Basically it's a case designed for 12.5" notebooks, even the label is written 12.5“, so it's a little too big, and when you have it open, the top corner straps can easily come off by itself. (See last pic.) In the end, I just didn't use the VATUKA at all. It's a bit unfortunately, because the leather finish would have been nice.

Anyway, now I'm looking at some sleeves with a pocket to hold a BT mouse. I'm thinking about the Moshi Muse 11, but I don't know if it will fit the Envy X2 or not. Has anyone tried the Muse 11?

WP_20130517_001 (Custom).jpg

WP_20130517_011 (Custom).jpg

WP_20130517_008 (Custom).jpg

WP_20130517_010 (Custom).jpg

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Has anyone tried a Slimwrap yet?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

5. jwhook

jwhook Pen Pal - Newbie

Just ordered the Slimwrap from HP Store. The faux leather one shown in the video on YouTube is now available. Will update with how it works when it arrives.

6. jwhook

jwhook Pen Pal - Newbie

Received my case last week. It's a charcoal gray or black. Fit is good, a little loose when using just the tablet, but works as shown. When using with the keyboard, the flap that folds over, with the magnet can be a bit in the way when using system in lap. When using just the tablet, I've had to fold the whole flap that covers the screen in the opposite direction (behind the screen) to get out of the way. Don't know how well that will hold up -- will the folding back and forth lead to a weakness in the material.

Generally, however, I'm happy with this solution, especially the ability to leave the keyboard behind, and just carry the tablet -- safely.

7. RaymondPJR

RaymondPJR Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everyone! I came up with my own solution for a carrying case. I've never made anything like this out of leather before, so this is a little rough, but I learned a lot. I am almost finished and want to possibly make a tutorial for others to follow. The pictures below show how far I have gotten. I decided I really don't like the straps all that much and they need more work. I think they are too long a too flimsy as is. Plus it make the whole thing look too much like a purse, lol! I'm going to shorten them and make them stronger. Everything else I am fairly happy with for a hand-made item by myself, lol! It fits like a glove! I never thought to make something to keep on the unit while in use because I didn't think I had the skill to do that, plus I was more concerned with protection from scratches while carrying the unit in my backpack or bag. I had been using the same Bing bag I had received from the Microsoft store where I bought my unit. The last step is to put buttons on the flap to keep it closed. Then I'm off to the printers to discuss how I can digitize a pattern to post for a tutorial. If that is possible it's likely I may do it.

Attached Files:

8. RaymondPJR

RaymondPJR Pen Pal - Newbie

Tutorial to come early next month. I've spent too mush on this project for right now and I need to redo a few things.