Case or Folio for Envy X2?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by SpellronHD, Feb 25, 2013.

1. SpellronHD

SpellronHD Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know of a leather case or folio that would fit the HP Envy X2 tablet portion of the device?

2. SpellronHD

SpellronHD Pen Pal - Newbie

Maybe will it fit in a folio for the Asus tf810c or the ATIV 500? Anyone know or try?

3. Alchemist

Alchemist Scribbler - Standard Member

I've been on a quest for a case for my Envy X2 as well. Preferably a slip case that doesn't add alot of bulk. I really like the slip case that comes with asus zenbooks and the one that comes with the tf810c although the only case asus seems to sell separately is for their 10" tablets.

They aren't leather but I have tried out the thule gauntlet cases which are water resistent and don't add alot of bulk. The case for the 11" macbook air fits JUST BARELY though its a very tight squeeze. The case for the 13" macbook air works alot better without adding alot of bulk. There is also a caselogic slip case on amazon for around $25 on sale that is similar to the thule cases but I haven't seen one in person.

One thing to keep in mind is that while the x2 is an 11.6" screen, it also has a larger than normal bezel so you can hold it in tablet mode which makes the unit close to the size of the 13" macbook air. The hinge bulge also requires a bit of extra room. So some 13" cases should work well for it even though its an 11.6" due to its unique design.

4. rkennedy01

rkennedy01 Pen Pal - Newbie

If you're looking for a bargain basement solution, check out this puppy at Walmart.com:

Merkury M-LL1010 12" Solid Zipper Sleeve, Black/Grey: Computers : Walmart.com

Fits the Envy x2 like a glove when in docked mode, and can be used for just the LCD if you leave the styro/bubble packing insert in place. Not the most elegant solution but it works and is the only thing I could find at retail (most stores stock them) in my general vicinity (South Florida).

RCK

5. bksmithers

bksmithers Pen Pal - Newbie

My current folios and sleeves:

Merkury-M-LL1010-12-Solid-Zipper-Sleeve-Black-Grey - Fits well with keyboard.
    Merkury M-LL1010 12" Solid Zipper Sleeve, Black/Grey: Computers : Walmart.com

MiniSuit Classic Stand Case + Hand Strap + Stylus Holder for Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T Tablet
    Fits Tablet only well, but no access to volume and on/off switches - User review here:
    Amazon.com: T. Fehring "Farringwell"'s review of MiniSuit Classic Stand Case + Hand Strap +...

Tried, but too tight for snapping shut (afraid I'll crack the glass!) so it's going back. Poetic Hardback Case for Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T 11.6-inch Tablet(Support Auto Sleep/Wake Function)(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)

On order: VATUKA hp ENVY X2 tablet PC case, Anti-shock, Made in Korea from eBay. Two others have ordered and are pleased with this case. Hoping I will be, too.

Hope that helps.

6. shawnfro

shawnfro Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried the folio for the Asus, but it fit the tablet poorly. I just ordered and recieved the minisuit for the X500 on amazon, and it fits very nicely for the x2 tablet. Quite happy.

7. shawnfro

shawnfro Pen Pal - Newbie

8. rkennedy01

rkennedy01 Pen Pal - Newbie

It's a shame we have to resort to re-purposing cases from other devices or using generic "sleeves" just to protect our machines. Seems HP should have been a bit more proactive and developed some sort of case solution to compliment the X2's unique design/features.

RCK

9. alicepattinson

alicepattinson Scribbler - Standard Member

10. bksmithers

bksmithers Pen Pal - Newbie

Just an update. My Vatuka, in grey leather, arrived yesterday ( a week earlier than expected - I'm in CA). Gotta say, it's really nice. Well constructed, padded without much bulk and zipper protection so the Envy doesn't get scratched. Happy camper.:)