Case for X220T

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by darthhen, May 23, 2011.

1. darthhen

darthhen Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey Ya'll,

For all ya'll X220T owners out there, which case are you guys using with it?

I'm looking for something that'll give it a tight fit so it won't slide around.

2. jeepy

jeepy Pen Pal - Newbie

3. darthhen

darthhen Scribbler - Standard Member

I picked a couple carrying cases today.

I got this for Caselogic one for $30 at my local Micro Center: Amazon.com: Case Logic VNA214 14.1-Inch Laptop Attache (Black): Clothing

Then I got a Samsonite one from Fry's, also $30. FRYS.com | SAMSONITE . The Samsonite model number is 938925, for some reason I can't find it on Samsonite's website.

Both cases fits the X220T very well. There isn't any extra space in there that allows the X220T to shift around. I'm going to keep the Caselogic one. The reason is because it has more pockets than the Samsonite. Size-wise, the Caselogic is slighty wider. But the extra pockets and compartments is worth it. With the Samsonite bag, if I want to carry the AC adapter and cord and mouse, it'll be too tight.

4. jeepy

jeepy Pen Pal - Newbie

Received my Caselogic 13.3 inch sleeve today! It fits perfectly and I really like it! There's no sliding around at all and the inside seems pretty nice and soft. Would recommend it since it's at a great price too!

5. chanakin

chanakin Pen Pal - Newbie

6. nickb

nickb Pen Pal - Newbie

I got the 51J0476 'ThinkPad 12W Case Sleeve' for an x220T direct from Lenovo. They were selling it cheaper direct from the NZ website than some sellers on ebay [sigh]. I was looking for a compromise as I have both the 6 cell battery and also the extended slice battery. Clearly, a case that fitted too well with one would not be a great fit with the other. This 51J0476 has turned out great however. Its a little tight when both batteries on and a little loose when just the 6 cell is on but quite acceptable. Its a basic sleeve, so don't expect much protection. But as a sleeve, to protect the unit when it is inside my backback or rucksack, its ideal. Low cost, does the job.

7. fatpolomanjr

fatpolomanjr Pen Pal - Newbie

This is the way to go for great protection. There all black ones too. I always recommend this case.

8. 2disbetter

2disbetter Function over Form