Canvas Z onscreen keys with Photoshop CC not working

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by KenH, May 16, 2017.

1. KenH

KenH Pen Pal - Newbie

I have set up ctrl and alt and shift and spacebar keys in the on screen keys that appear when you click the left button on the top of the canvas. When I am in PS CC, using the clone tool, and press the alt key in the onscreen keys, I get the target cursor for setting the clone point and I click on the spot with my stylus. But then when I start to use the clone tool, it says no point was selected, use alt click.

Likewise, when I press on the spacebar key in the onscreen list, I get the hand cursor, but I can't move the photo around with the stylus.

I also tried setting up the pencil board to cover the PS CC area, but the soft keys still don't work with the stylus.

Any soft key I have set up that does an action that doesn't need the stylus works fine, like zooming in or changing brush size, so I know the soft keys work.

Does anyone know how to get this to work, using a soft key with the stylus in PS CC?

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

@KenH : Your question is highly specialized and for that reason, it may be a while before anyone responds. You might post a related question on the Artists' forum where it might be more likely to be seen by someone who can help you...

3. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Actually I saw this question a while back, but my subscription to CC is inactive (and Adobe CC is too expensive to maintain continually), so I was unable to test this out.

I'll give shot anyways...

The clone tool require you to hold down Alt, to first capture the pattern. To perform a hold with the VAIO toolbar, there are 2 methods:

1) use a finger to physically touch the ALT soft key while simultaneously clicking with the pen

2) use a finger to drag across the ALT soft key onto the Pencil Board, which will put you on an ALT key down state. Then after, you can click with the pen without having to touch the screen. To deactivate the ALT key down state, simply touch the ALT soft key again.

Tell me either of those methods work for you.

4. KenH

KenH Pen Pal - Newbie

@Marty

Your second option did work for me. And once that was working, then option one started working.

So thank you very much, you've solved my problem!