canvas setup

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by jbaks, Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbaks

jbaks Scribbler - Standard Member

its weird i swear it worked fine for a few days on battery. this happens on all browsers not just chrome, so what ever default setting is.

2. jbaks

It also doesn't effect application use, I can paint and draw using all the software with out it being effected on battery power, its just when I use any of the browsers swipe to scroll finger gesture gets all wonky and like iv mentioned it likes to get stuck and recognize the swipe as a tap instead clicking any link that gets in its way which is annoying obviously.

I tried the grounding tip touching metal while finger scrolling, that didnt do anything lol. Im going to download virtual box and see if it does it on ubuntu, my guess is im leading to it might not do it as it could very well be a windows registry setting or driver messing with the sensitivity of the touchscreen while on battery. This has nothing to do with ntrig. Were talking hand gestures here.

3. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It happens sometimes on Chrome, maybe it's the same thing you're talking about. It'll usually be a smooth scrolling experience, but sometimes I'll flick with my finger and it will only go the length of an equivalent roll of the center wheel on a mouse. I have to swipe over and over again to go down the page.

A sleep/unsleep or restart usually fixes things. I equate these things to little quirks with the device and try not to let them ruin my day, but to each his own.

4. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

For example, hold the tablet like a clipboard in one hand, while swiping in the browser with the other hand.

The voltage equalization to your skin, will help the touchscreen more accurately detect touch gestures.

It's not foul-proof, but usually helps especially when unplugged.

5. jbaks

I dont think its the same thing were talking about. this is very pronounced, it happens in every browser as chrome is the only one that when it double clicks it doesnt zoom in other wise it would be zooming all the time. The best site you can do it on is youtube, slow and fast on battery just swipe to scroll with one finger and notice its registering scroll inputs as touch to click and it will start to click links when u mean to scroll. Its very annoying and it doesnt happen when plugged in at all.

It doesnt happen constantly but its enough to ruin a browse session. Just clicking links once in 20 minutes is enough to be annoying cause its registering clicks on links you dont want to click, its almost like looking forward to a giant pop up on your screen u have to sit through and wait for that your not interested in when your really busy and you just sit there, and sit there and wonder why the hell its clicking links your not wanting to see.

6. jbaks

ill make a video of it when i get time explaining what its doing. I feel like its a registry setting that is out of wack in some ways, but then after thinking about it more I guess it could be hardware, i dunno but i do know i dont want to waste time dealing with it. Like I said I can run all of my applications just fine on battery without any noticeable difference from being plugged in, its just the browsers swipe to scroll which is basically the main function of the damn touch screen.

7. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Film it, contact Vaio, RMA that thing.

8. jbaks

I love my canvas im not sending it back, its just the browsers that are acting up, everything else works fine;painting drawing, video edit etc..but yea i did contact vaio about it.

It has to be some setting messing something up while browsing. It doesnt do it at all scrolling through emails on the email app, its silky smooth. Another words Im fairly certain its not hardware related.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017