Can't send Personal Message

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by Kirr, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirr

Kirr Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello!

This post is addressed first of all to respectable DRTigerlilly. I spoke with him today via Personal Messages.

There was a problem with my account — it was strange "semi-activated" (as I understand). I was not able to post forum messages. But after re-activation of account vBulletin said "your account are already activated". Hmm...
    Ok, re-activation did the trick and now I can post messages.

But! Personal Messages functionality is gone now! No Personal Messages section in Control Panel, no PM-area in the upper-right corner of the screen. :eek:

So, my account is still crippled for a some reason. Help me, please. :(

2. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You aren't able to send PM's until you have 5 posts on the forum. This isn't anything specific to you, but it is a restriction placed on any new accounts because there was previously insane amounts of spam PM's people were receiving from spammer accounts; since then there have been almost no issues except people can't PM others until they have 5 posts. I checked your user account settings and it all seems good

so, not a issue with your account, just built in spam-protection :)]

oh, yes. also DRTigerlilly is a 'her' (notice the little symbol in her user title)

3. Kirr

Kirr Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok. As I understood I had a posibility to send PM because my account is pretty old (maybe it was registered before engaging "5 posts barrier") though I didn't post anything until now. Re-activation pushed some trigger in forum engine and skipped all to normal state.
    Thanks!

Oops... Shame on me... :eek:

4. kirky

kirky Pen Pal - Newbie

ah this is why I can't PM. Now to find a post-happy thread!

5. kirky

kirky Pen Pal - Newbie

hmm I have 5 posts but can't PM?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.