Can't install Microsoft Tablet PC Experience Pack on my tabletPC running Vista?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista OS' started by red197, Mar 12, 2011.

1. red197

red197 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I have a Fujitsu T2010 tabletPC running Windows Vista Business with service pack 2. When I try to install the Microsoft Tablet PC Experience Pack, i get the following error message "you can install this program only on computers running Microsoft Windows Vista with Tablet PC technologies."

Can anybody help?

Thanks.

2. Stan S.

Stan S. Scribbler - Standard Member

Did you replace the original software with a generic Vista Business?

3. red197

red197 Pen Pal - Newbie

No -- it's running the system that was installed when I bought it.

4. Stan S.

First of all I apologize, all versions of Vista Pro had tablet support built in if you had a tablet or not.

1. There is a possibility that you would need to uninstall SP2 and install the experience pack first before sp2.

2. Do you have .net services installed?

3. I think that it wouldn't install on some machines with single finger touch.

Have you tried something else that was for Vista Tablets? Like the INK Desktop? Download details: Microsoft Ink Desktop for Windows Vista does it give the same error?

5. red197

red197 Pen Pal - Newbie

hi stan, thanks for responding again.

1) i'm not totally sure how to check if i have .net services installed but when i search i am finding .net folders inside inf (c:\windows).

2) this is a pen-enabled, not touch tablet.

yes, i get the same error with INK Desktop.

It looks like the Experience Pack for Windows 7 doesn't include the Ink Desktop or the Ink Flashcards, which was what I was interested in -- is that correct?

Thanks,
    Erica

6. Stan S.

AFAI-R no, you can try to download them separately. There is an Tablet Education Pack which includes the Flashcards. (Again I remembered wrongly, and have now put in the links). Flash cards are supposed to be in the Experience pack according to some pages and only independent on the XP versions.)

Here's the .net that it seems to require: Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package

The try installing the desktop first: Download details: Microsoft Ink Desktop for Windows Vista

If you can get the Desktop installed, try that Experience pack again.

Even though you don't have touch, the pen-enabled tablet 'should' install the pen functions in the Ink downloads. It may be the service pack. Have any thoughts of upgrading to Win7?