Can't charge slate through dock

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by tskao11, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tskao11

tskao11 Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anybody tried to charge your slate through dock yet? When I put my slate on the dock, the blue light on the ac adapter blinked continuously and slate didn't get charged.:eek:

2. bobp

bobp Scribbler - Standard Member

This could be a huge problem - if that's what is happening.

It's not unusual that docks may require a different AC adapter - because it's powering not only the computer but also the hardware in the dock.

That's why I was hoping we'd get an AC adapter with the dock - to make sure we had one powerful enough to handle the dock and the tablet.

I'm planning to order a 2nd AC adapter - as soon as we can get confirmation on what we need to power the dock and the tablet.

The S7S manual states that the AC adapter for tablet can be used with the dock - but it doesn't say that the tablet will get power through the dock (and charge the tablet).

So can someone else that has the dock confirm how the AC adapter is working with the dock?

3. flameran

flameran Pen Pal - Newbie

My ac adapter works fine with the dock. It charges the slate without problem.

4. theamazingrando

theamazingrando Pen Pal - Newbie

Sure stinks the dock does not come with an additional adapter....

5. bobp

That's good news.

Now all we need is confirmation from someone who's purchased a 2nd adapter or a universal adapter with compatible tip - that works with both the tablet and the dock.

6. mgs9500

mgs9500 Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine works fine and charges without a problem.

There are two almost identical inputs for the plug. One is for the headphones and one for the charger. Make certain you plug the charger in the correct jack. I inserted it at first in the headphone jack and wasn't certain why it wasn't charging.

7. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Mine charges just fine through the unit itself and the dock using the Energizer XP 18000 battery that I use for my EP121

8. tskao11

tskao11 Pen Pal - Newbie

Turned out that dock is bad. I just call Microsoft store and they will send me a new unit to replace it. Hope it will work this time.

9. bobp

And the other time for confirmation with the dock - will the dock handle the S7S when it is in the stand case?

10. Coyote

Coyote Pen Pal - Newbie

I've mentioned in another thread that a working solution is to use the Kensignton charger with a Radio Shack Enercell "G" Tip. The tip is a tiny bit longer, but it works and the Slate is charging.

The two prongs on the "G" tip fit in and work, but of course they are different manufacturers and designs so you have a white tip and black connector.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.