CANCELLED: Vaio Z Canvas // i7 Quad Core 8GB 256GB SDD // Extra AC Adapters

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by Brian123, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian123

Brian123 Scribbler - Standard Member

Update: Please read my update on the warranty a few posts down. I may be taking this off the market since VAIO won't honor the warranty and as a result, possibly being returned to Amazon.

Final Update:
    Item is no longer for sale. This morning I shipped it back to the merchant on Amazon for a full refund. It's impressive they stood behind what they sold 7 months later when the warranty was not as advertised.

ITEM:

VAIO Z Canvas 12.3" Tablet PC
    • Signature Series
    • Core i7 Quad Core, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro
    USED:
    • Tablet and Keyboard are in great condition, lightly used.
    • System will be restored to new before shipping
    • Originally purchased new on June 8 2016
    • None smoking home
    • See note about Pen below
    PRICE:
    Seeking $900 Shipped

PAYMENT METHOD:
    PayPal Gift/Family Desired

SHIPPING:
    • Free standard ground shipping
    • Insured with signature required
    • Shipped within US lower 48
    • No international shipping
    I have not sold on TPCR before, but you can review my two accounts below:
    REASON FOR SALE:
    I'm selling this awesome PC Tablet since I now have a new Wacom MobileStudio Pro 16 that better fits my 3D modeling needs. I'll miss the excellent portability, the built in stand, brilliant display, silence and quad-core performance.

ADDITIONAL NOTES/CONDITIONS:

SPECIAL CONDITION: Pen Damaged, but 100% functional
    The top portion of the pen, above the clip, broke off while in a backpack. This is a known weak point of this Vaio pen, which others have also experienced. Even with knowing this and extreme care, it happened to me. I repaired it using super glue and it's probably stronger than before, lol. There's a small piece of plastic missing, as circled in the photos. The pen is still 100% functional as there's no button at the end of the pen. For future reference, Vaio sells the pen for $60, or you can opt to try a Surface Pro 4 pen, which offers different nibs.

BONUS: 2 Extra AC Adapters
    I'm including 2 Sony AC Adapters that are compatible with the Vaio Z Canvas. This gives you 3 total. Very convenient to have one at home, at the office, and one for traveling.

Excellent Screen:
    This is not the first Vaio Z Canvas I've had or seen. I have to say this unit's screen has excellent lighting with great backlighting. As with all Vaio Z Canvas screens, there's a darker spot on the right and some small bleed at the very bottom. I once returned a 16gb/512gb Canvas due to a dark horizontal area in the lower middle of the screen. While this 8gb/512gb is so much better!

INCLUDED:
    • Vaio Z Canvas
    • Vaio Keyboard
    • Vaio Pen
    • Vaio AC Adapter
    • Pen side holder
    • 2x Sony AC Adapters
    • Large Vaio Cleaning Cloth
    • Original Box and material
    PICTURES/VIDEO:

Video demonstrating functionality and my identification by logging into TPCR:

Vaio-Z-Canvas_001.jpg Vaio-Z-Canvas_005.jpg Vaio-Z-Canvas_008.jpg Vaio-Z-Canvas_009.jpg Vaio-Z-Canvas_011.jpg Vaio-Pen.jpg Vaio-Z-Canvas_018.jpg Vaio-Z-Canvas_006.jpg Vaio-Z-Canvas_007.jpg Vaio-Z-Canvas_003.jpg

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    gamefoo21 likes this.
  2. Brian123

Additional Photos

Vaio-Z-Canvas_002.jpg Vaio-Z-Canvas_004.jpg Vaio-Z-Canvas_010.jpg Vaio-Z-Canvas_012.jpg Vaio-Z-Canvas_013.jpg Vaio-Z-Canvas_014.jpg Vaio-Z-Canvas_015.jpg Vaio-Z-Canvas_016.jpg Vaio-Z-Canvas_017.jpg

gamefoo21 likes this.
  3. rhymes

rhymes Pen Pal - Newbie

i feel your pain with the screen clouds i've bought 3 so far and the higher the spec the worse it gets, the 1st 2 was a 8/256 and a 16/512 it had the right shadow with a grey line going bot mid like yours, the 3rd was 16/1tb it gets a round grey cloud on the left mid when it gets hot plus the right shadow . seems like everything is fit so tightly theres no room to breath.

unfortunately i'm in the mid.east i cant purchase this, but to future buyers this is a problem we face.

4. jbaks

jbaks Scribbler - Standard Member

bump for nice machine

5. gamefoo21

gamefoo21 Pen Pal - Newbie

Shame it can't get shipped over the border.

I could use this for school and life.

Edit: Sent a PM. Can't hurt to ask.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  6. Brian123

I'm possibly pulling this VAIO off the market.

Turns out VAIO is a stickler for honoring warranties only purchased through them or authorized re-sellers and accompanied with proof of purchase.

While I purchased this from an Amazon Merchant, it was fulfilled by Amazon and brand new. VAIO claims my purchase is from an unauthorized re-seller and that I need the original proof of purchase from the merchant. Plus, even if they provide it, the warranty would start from their date, not my purchase date.

Today, the Amazon Merchant was unable not provide their own proof of purchase. They are now offering me the option to return it for a refund. I'm now in the process of confirming that. Once that is confirmed, this item will no longer be for sale.

If you are in the market for a VAIO Z Canvas, please note that US warranties are transferable, even outside the country, minus shipping costs. But if you don't get the original proof of purchase, no warranty.

Here's the respone i got from VAIO after providing my serial number and Amazon invoice:

gamefoo21 likes this.
  7. gamefoo21

I think I'm going to have a beer... so close yet so far.

Beautiful machine, I hope the vendor doesn't just trash/recycle it.

I guess I'll have to go with plan b... *sigh*

Also...

I will say that Brian is a great guy to deal with, and have to give him props. :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  8. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

I want to second this. I haven't dealt with Brian, but just reading this thread I have to say you have been more informative and candid than just about anyone I've known selling product here, and I've been a member for 8 years!

So sorry for what you've had to go through, Brian. It blows me away how petty mfrs can be, even worse when one is a fledgling brand (nowadays) with very thin support in the US to begin with. Seems the investment fund who purchased Vaio from Sony must have signed a contract to provide the same rotten customer support as Sony did for the Vaio brand!

Best of luck.

gamefoo21 likes this.
  9. gamefoo21

Oh and since this part applies to me and fellow residents of Canada, I'll add the information.

Here's the part of the warranty that Vaio is hiding behind...

---------

* Important Note
    In order to ensure every product meets the exacting standards in craftsmanship and workmanship, US.VAIO.COM honors product warranties and performs warranty services ONLY on products purchased from US.VAIO.COM, any authorized VAIO reseller and are accompanied with a proof of purchase. Products not purchased from this website or from authorized VAIO resellers will have their VAIO warranty voided. When you purchase products from an unauthorized website or reseller you are taking a risk of products that may be counterfeit, used, defective, or may not be designed for use in your country. Please protect yourself and your VAIO product by ensuring that you only purchase VAIO products from an authorized reseller.

---------

The middle of the road news....

The warranty if valid does transfer to the new owner of the Vaio machine.

The warranty is international, or at least covers Canada too.

Now why did I say middle of the road...

Vaio doesn't have a presence in Canada and as a result won't cover shipping. So if you are in Canada and your Vaio requires warranty, you have to pay to ship the device in, as well as return shipping. Though they may not actually ship to Canada at all so you'll need to bounce it off an Amerifriend.

Edit:

Out of curiosity, the closest authorized reseller to me is 680.2 miles away... lol

Microcenter in St. Louis Park, MN

10. Brian123

Wow thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm glad I've already made a good impression, even though this sale fell through.

Final Update:
    Item is no longer for sale. This morning I shipped it back to the merchant on Amazon for a full refund. It's impressive they stood behind what they sold 7 months later when the warranty was not as advertised.

VAIO:
    I don't agree with VAIO on this situation. Their must be some laws, or state by state, to protect consumers, like implied warranties. Before shipping, I forgot to check the warranty card to see if it makes mention of authorized resellers, as otherwise how would an average consumer know? Plus, their only list to check online is a search for only brick and mortar stores. Despite being in the center of California, it took a 500 mile radius to find one authorized store, a Microcenter. Doesn't Microsoft still sell VAIOs online, and at one point in stores?

For comparison, I've been looking at LG tvs, and they have a page about how buying from authorized dealers provides many benefits, one of which casually mentions LG Warranty. This implied no warranty if you bought from non-authorized dealers. Yet, when people call LG, they say you still get the full warranty, as long as it was brand new when you received it. It's a good scare tactic to encourage buying from dealers, as a majority of people online will quickly point out no warranty, which isn't true.

gamefoo21 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.