Canadian eBay seller liquidating 2710p extended batteries for $50!

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ajreynol, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajreynol

ajreynol Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, it's true.

http://tinyurl.com/nvo456

...and yes, they're legit.

I looked at the seller's comments and even though the price was "too good to be true" (seriously, it's half the price I've seen refurbished batteries selling at, let alone brand new), I took a chance a couple of weeks ago and ordered one. I arrived in about 10 days or so and it was indeed an original HP battery. I would have posted it sooner, but his listing ended and he hadn't re-posted the listing again until recently. I had assumed he had sold out of them, but I sent him an e-mail asking if he had any more. Apparently he has about 30 of them left.

For the unaware, the slim extended battery attaches to the bottom of the 2710p and serves as a second battery, adding about 4 extra hours of computing power to the 2710p (+- 1.5 hours, depending on your usage). I went ahead an ordered another just for a convenient backup, as they're so thin and relatively light weight, they can be tucked easily into a small sleeve in a laptop bag. :cool:

Anyway, just wanted to pass along the good bargain for those who own the 2710p. Naturally, I'd be happy to provide screen shots for anyone who might want/need further verification or whatever.

2. ajreynol

132 views. I wonder if anyone took advantage. Nobody asked about pics or anything. I guess everyone that wanted one has one.

*shurgs*

oh well. I tried :)

3. HadMatter

HadMatter Tempus Fugit!

Hey, I appreciate it mate. Once my replacement card finally comes in and I get my 2710p ordered I'll be grabbing one of those batteries too thanks to this post. I wanted the battery but had given up on grabbing it at a decent price til I saw this gem tucked away in the forums. :D

4. Slidje

Slidje whats a slidje?

shame hes not shipping to uk

5. elixir1018

elixir1018 Pen Pal - Newbie

I assume this extended battery will work for my hp 2730p as well? if so i might just get one!

6. ajreynol

yes, it does.

I got my second one in the mail a few days ago. I figured it would allow me to leave the charger at home.

again, if anyone needs pictures or anything, let me know. but considering HP is still selling these for top dollar (like, 3x as much), I figured you guys would want to jump on.

7. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

I just ordered one, I need a second for those long school days. Thanks for find!:D

8. ajreynol

no problem. glad someone else could take advantage.

for such a thin and light battery, the capacity amazes me.

9. jnd888

jnd888 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the info!

I'm curious, have you checked the manufacture date of the batteries? I believe the BIOS system utility provides that info. (I think, I don't recall exactly) It's kinda nice to know how old the batteries are.

10. ajreynol

one of mine is from 6/11/2008. about 6 months older than the main battery that came with the laptop (12/28/2008)

I don't have the other one on me.

battery life I'm getting based on my usage is 4-5 hours.

~3 hours with running a battery drain test in Win 7.

so about 5.5-6 hours running a batt drain test with both batteries combined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.