Can you use a tablet as a cintiq-like device?

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by Steve B, Jul 26, 2011.

1. testplayer

testplayer Scribbler - Standard Member

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  2. alp can

alp can Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

Long time reader, first time poster

Can anyone post kinggeeks com based wacom driver. Both links on the blog are dead. I couldn't find com based wacom drivers anywhere on the net :( .

edit: all files are here:
    http://kinggeek.co.uk/downloads/tablet_digitizer/

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  3. akromatic

akromatic Pen Pal - Newbie

sorry for thread necro

I've been looking into turning my tablet into a cintiq for a long time and i havent found any real solution so far but i recently got a Fujitsu T731 and i realised that its wacom is attached to USB though it meant to be serial.

Anyway since its discovered as a USB device i decided to try virtualhere to pass it through network to my desktop and it works with full pressure sensitivity. So i tried vnc to port the graphics back to the tablet but im getting issues with scaling.

Around the centre its pretty accurate till i move towards the edge of the screen where the the lines seemed to "accelerate" faster then the pen's actual position.

On my desktop i dont have any calibration settings that i can do.

Any idea on fixing that scaling issue?

4. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Are you trying to use it as a second screen or primary screen? If your T731 is the primary screen, in Windows 10 you can use remote desktop and pen pressure will work. There may be a bit of lag depending on your wifi network speeds. I've found the performance to be ok when using wireless N, probably helped by the fact that my screens are not high res.

If you want to use your T731 as a second screen, unfortunately it missed miracast support by a generation (like my own T901) so it can't fully use the Windows 10 Connect feature. It should be able to receive and thus act as a second screen. Others have tested pen pressure to work over Connect, though I think there were some driver issues at first.

Both my solutions depend on Windows 10. If you don't have that, I don't have any suggestions for your scaling problem. Sorry.

5. akromatic

akromatic Pen Pal - Newbie

yeh its said that it missed miracast.

still i found a solution with my issue and it doesnt involve windows 10 though support for this idea is very limited to this tablet only that passes its wacom using USB.

basically i used virtualhere to pass the USB attached wacom to my desktop but it will only pass it to my primary screen and the pen calibration utility couldnt launch with my multiscreen setup.

none the less after i disabled my screens , calibrated my pen, reenabled the screens and got the pen map scaling right.

as for remote desktop, i can use anything and works fine. been using splashtop as it has the option to mirror a screen or to create an "extra" not attached monitor.

so far it works as though its a cintiq wirelessly, both touch and pressure sensitivity works and scales perfectly

only thing is that it doesnt work with my surface3 nor vivotab note simply because the touch+pen is attached to i2c

6. okieiam

okieiam Scribbler - Standard Member

Order my Cube Mix Plus today from that guy, waiting for it to come