Can you sell me on the Venue 8 Pro versus the Asus VivoTab Note 8?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Fret44, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@Mesosphere:
    What display/Monitor is that to the right?
    It's exactly the same amount of space I have there for a second screen.

2. Jackyhk

Jackyhk Pen Pal - Newbie

Don't over complicate things. The only consideration is Wacom or no Wacom, and if Wacom is it something important enough for you to deal with RMA when the time comes. Performance wise they are nearly identical if not identical with very minimal favorism toward dell.

Dell stylus is not quite comparable to Wacom in terms of quality of inking and convenience (Wacom doesn't need any pen battery), and for me the only reason I want to deal with asus is how amazing a Wacom pen is with taking handwritten notes (+ if you draw it's a huge +++). Usually when people comment dell's synaptic pen is just as good, I assume he never really used a Wacom pen tablet extensively before.

So it all comes down to how much does the pen is worth to you based on how you plan to use this tablet (note taking vs multimedia entertainment/NetBook replacement)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  3. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

It is a super special issue 23" 1080p IPS monitor... rotated 90 degrees =)

You might need to buy another stand for it though. But as long as the monitor has a standard VESA mount (almost all monitors do) that shouldn't be a problem.

You can do it with pretty much any monitor, it just needs to be IPS. TN panels have horrible view angle artifacts in the "vertical" axis. IPS tends to be pretty symmetric.

4. kittygirl95

kittygirl95 Pen Pal - Newbie

Have you considered Bluetooth styluses ? They work with at least the iPad. I'm hoping to get one later this year after my Asus t100 comes to try with it

5. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Third party "addon" stylus options all pale in comparison to a built in digitizer. Particularly if it is Wacom EMR like the Asus Note 8. I wouldn't consider a Bluetooth option unless stylus needs were minimal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.