1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Tips for completing basic tasks are here. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

Can I use Adobe Illustrator with a tablet PC for drawing?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by PublioRutilioRufo, Nov 20, 2008.

1. PublioRutilioRufo

PublioRutilioRufo Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I want and advice.

Im planning to buy a tablet pc, but i want to know if i can work with adobe illustrator i mean use the pen instead the mouse to draw.

The point is that im an archaeologist and im spending too much time creating cathalogs of pieces in the common computer drawing the pieces over the photos in illustator, i want to optimize my time finding a easier way to draw with the computer, do you think that a tablet pc can be the answer?

Regards

PublioRutilioRufo
  2. Grimnir

Grimnir Think tank & Designer Senior Member

I frequently use my tablet pc for drawing in Illustrator. You'll have to tweak your pencil tool settings though. Using the stylus doesn't get rid of the need to use the convert anchor tool to get exactly the desired bend/angle though.

I would never go back to using a mouse though. Ever.
  3. TenX

TenX 3D Animation Student

you can but personaly i would use something else if you are just doing drawing, eg. SketchBook Pro/ Corel Painter
  4. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

If Illustrator works like Inkscape, you'll still need a keyboard.