Can I re-assign Page-Down in Tablet mode when reading a .pdf file?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by leaftye, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Max

Max Max

I frequently read long .pdf files in tablet mode. I really like the tablet mode for this, especially in a moving vehicle with other people around. To access the "page down" when reading a .pdf file, in laptop mode I just touch the “page down” or “page up” button, however in Tablet Mode I have to get the pen out, touch the screen in the right spot, use both hands, sometimes miss the page down icon, etc. Realizing that I hardly ever use the Ctrl-Alt-Del button or the ESC button that’s available in tablet mode, it would seem perfect to be able, when desired, to re-assign these keys to “page up” and “page down” while reading adobe .pdf files. Has anyone all ready done this, or do you know how difficult this might be to do. Thanks.

2. Kib

Kib Pen Pal - Newbie

While I unfortunately have nothing of real substance to add, all I can say is... you "hardly ever" use the Ctrl-Alt-Del button? (...) lucky you!

3. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't think you can reasign the buttons, but I do know some people have gotten the finger print reader to act as a scroll - do a forum search and you should be able tot find something

4. hamud

hamud Pen Pal - Newbie

with new finger print drive u u can use it as a scroll so you don't need page up\down button

5. Max

Max Max

If you have any tips (or precise instructions) how to set this up, please advise. So far after turning the feature on in the bios, I can't get to first base with this fingerprint device. As an end result, I'm only interested in using it as a scroll device in tablet mode.

6. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You don't need to turn on any feature in BIOS to use the fingerprint reader.

7. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You could look for a keyboard-remapping software that allows you to reassign pgdn key to something else, since the pgdn button is usually linked to the pgdn key... not sure how to enable that only in tablet mode though.

8. macuis

macuis Pen Pal - Newbie

If you're using Vista, I would use pen flicks. If not, just change the icon in Adobe to the hand, and you can drag up and down on the screen after tapping and holding on the screen once. You can use the fingerprint reader too, you just have to set the keys you want to use in the Protector Suite Control Center (it gives you combinations to choose from) to activate it.

9. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Pen flicks don't work if you're reading that PDF with a program like PDF Annotator. Anyway, the OP said it's inconvenient to pull out the pen, so using pen flicks would only perpetuate the original problem.