C314, Hotkeys and Vista

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Gautam, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rambalac

Rambalac Pen Pal - Newbie

Any idea how to turn hotkeys on in Vista? (wifi, bluetooth,...)
    Maybe there is some universal program that can work in Vista and can control such buttons (since it's universal ACPI)
    Or if no maybe there is someone who can get ACPI-to-HID driver that can be found on www.intel.com. Then maybe i could make program to control buttons and turn on and off wifi and bluetooth.

2. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

I have not been able to get BT to work without ePM. It's an absolute mystery to me on my c314.

WiFi seems to works fine...but it was slow. It's just such a drag to be on any other OS other than Ubuntu Linux.

As far as the hotkeys are concerned, they act like dummy buttons without Acer's Softbutton panel.

3. Rambalac

Rambalac Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, it's even more mysterious, because ePM doesnt want to install (Comp XPS2 + admin rights). But i installed sButton (green button wheel) and can use it to turn bluetooth on, but still it's not so easy as buttons. And i want that shiny mail button :D with cool blinking led.
    Now i'm trying reverse engineering of sButton to turn wifi and bluetooth in my app so i could make some usual key combination to do it.

4. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

@Rambalac - good luck with that process.

There seems to be a solution in Ubuntu Linux which I am working out.

5. Anthonyjm

Anthonyjm Pen Pal - Newbie

6. lukash

lukash Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I have acer C314xmi. I installed microsoft vista ultimate. All drivers function well, I get this drivers from global acer. But then I update bios on version 1.08 and now my button wifi, bt and software sbutton not function. I found this link http://secure2.tx.acer.com/VistaDown...cerSeries.aspx but i dont have permission on this web :(. Can you help me? Sorry for my english...

7. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

http://secure3.tx.acer.com/VistaDownloads/AcerSeries.aspx

Is the site. I found that Acer is giving BT drivers as well. Good luck.

Where did you find a BIOS update? I can't see that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.