C200 - Design Questions

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by villalain, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesse

Jesse Pen Pal - Newbie

The Acer C200 series has been out for a while, but I'm still a bit unclear about a few things.

1. When using the C200 in laptop form, can the screen only be propped up at a certain angle (shown in all the photos) or can you slide it out and in so it will rest at a desired angle? (such as propped straight up at a 90 degree angle)
    2. When the C200 is closed, does it only close so that the screen is facing up? (i.e. you can't close it like you would another tablet pc or notebook with the screen facing down)?
    3. How is the eraser-head mouse? Is it comfortable to use?
    4. How does the 4200 RPM hard drive affect normal use?
    5. Is the DVD-R/W drive swappable - can you put an extra battery in instead?

Thanks in advance for any answers. :)

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

1. The display is stuck in one place (at a certain angle) which is a limitation of the slick design.

2. The display is facing up when closed, hence the soft cover that comes with the unit.

3. The trackpoint is IMO great, see our C200 review.

4. The optical drive can be swapped, but currently there is no extended battery option for that bay.

3. Jesse

Jesse Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, Barry. That answers all the questions I had about the C200. Seems like a pretty neat machine.

4. villalain

villalain Pen Pal - Newbie

Barry, when you say that there is no extended battery option for that bay, are you saying that it is not possible to put an extra battery in the optical drive?. You can because I have one!. In fact, now I have two batteries in my C204, the normal one and another one instead of the optical drive, which gives me many hours of battery life. I have not checked it but I suppose that at last you have 5-8h depending on your running conditions.
    My best regards,
    José.

5. yesralph

yesralph Pen Pal - Newbie

I have some questions about this model...
    do u think the roller is strong enough for a long time use?
    and does the soft screen cover really protect the screen well?

6. blblblbl

blblblbl Pen Pal - Newbie

This is a dumb question, but i'm totally new to this tablet thing:

in slate mode, can c203 display in both portrait and landscape orientation? and can I play a dvd in slate mode in the landscape orientation?

7. villalain

villalain Pen Pal - Newbie

Quoting Yesralph, for the first question: Yes, I think so (although I donot use it very much), an for the second: Yes, but it is is bit difficult to use the tablet in slate mode with the cover being there,

and

Quoting Blblblbl, for the first question: Yes, and for the second one: Yes.

Regards,
    José.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.