C141xl =

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by christian15213, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corazu

Corazu Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, that is why it's called the C141XL and not the C150XL.

2. superspypig

superspypig Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, even if the CPU is faster, that might still lead to oveheating issue, because the problem is on the fan and the control chip on the mother board instead of the heat from the CPU.
    But the good side o having 141xl is that since it is a 2.40 GHz Processor, it generally means that the processor itself has some better quality suh as the endurance under high temperature. if it is a 2.0 GHz processor, it is likely that the computer would shutdown when the fan stops working. Procesors are the same--they are just selcted for manufacture quality and labeled different frequencies.

I wish 141 could solve the fan-stopping problem in 140. but it was not a big problem in the first place anyway!

3. oscarlucy

oscarlucy Scribbler - Standard Member

This just isn't any other processor in the C-141...it's Intel's new "Penryn" line of processors...it's much smaller (45 nm instead of 65 nm), consumes much less energy than other C2D's before it and is far more efficient (30% - 40% faster). All of this and of course the much higher core clock speed of +800 Mhz over stock 1.66 Ghz C2D's on the C-140 XL's lead to a cooler, faster and energy efficient laptop. It is a very worthwhile upgrade, and i just placed an order for one to replace the stock 1.6 Ghz C2D on my C-140 XL (already replaced the ram and HD).

4. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

a full writeup is expected oscarlucy. WITH pics.

5. weston_in_wi

weston_in_wi Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anybody know if the optical drive is removable and if so can you put in a weight saver?

6. weston_in_wi

Anyone know if the optical drive is replaceable with a weight saver or a battery.

7. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes you can. If you can find the 6 cell modular battery, or a cover for it. There is a latch on the bottom.

8. weston_in_wi

Thanks, that is a feature i was hoping to take advantage of when i buy a new tablet. Does anybody know how the build/durability is on the C-141XL.

9. jrorion5

jrorion5 Pen Pal - Newbie

I can't comment on long-term durability (2+ months), but the build is excellent. Better than previous laptops (hp and toshiba) and on a par with the older Dells and IBM's (when their quality was considered tops). The fit and finish on my machine are great. The case is solid and is holding up well to fairly continuous and heavy use (even my children have used to - to no ill effects :eek: ). Also, it is easy to upgrade and work on.

10. weston_in_wi

Thanks, can someone tell me something thats bad on this computer.(pros and cons)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.