C140XL microphone

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by mo0osah, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingArthur10

KingArthur10 Pen Pal - Newbie

Lol. No, I'm not being difficult. I'm a math/physics major studying to be a teacher. As such, when doing some activities, we move around and do stuff where normally someone would just take a notebook with them and jot down notes. I obviously would like to be able to do that AND still voice record. Especially when doing physics labs, a notebook doesn't stay stationary enough, and I was just looking for a no-frills usb microphone (maybe one that snakes, so it can stay in any position you put it in) while still being attached to the laptop.

2. Nominal

Nominal Engineering Student

We had a thread about this awhile ago in the accessory forum. You could take a look there.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. christian15213

christian15213 Scribbler - Standard Member

Ok, let me explain it this way. I am a teacher, I teach organic chemistry and biochemistry in front of large audiences. When I teach I can move around and the whole nine, the quickcam 9000 picks up my loud mouth excellently. Now, I dont really get up there and have my tablet in my hand writing on it. It is stationary and that is it. I think you're making an unrealistic necessity for what is going to be happening. As well, another plus about teaching with this device is that you get to face the user while writing on the board or lecturing.

Ok with that said the obvious flaw is that the microphone won't allow you to go into the crowd and start teaching, a bluetooth microphone would be awesome for this but that is not out as of yet. But again, in reality that just doesn't happen and me stepping 10, 20 feet away the microphone picks up awesome.

You say a snake to keep it stationary. The quickcam stands up and or can be cliped to the screen via the same part of the device. When finished I simply wrap the usb cord around the base and put it in a black bag and then shove it into my book bag. Nothing could be easier to use.

4. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

My microphone takes in the sound pretty well. I was riding in a car on the freeway trying to record a video clip, but it was accidentally recording sound through the microphone. I could hear all the freeway sounds and my voice very clearly.

But im sure for somebody like a professor who isnt sitting infront of their computer, it probobly wouldnt be ideal.

5. KingArthur10

KingArthur10 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks to Nominal and Christian for the help. You both have been very helpful in my decision making. I don't have funds to buy anything now, but when I do, I've got a good idea of what's out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.