C

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by kurt corbin, Nov 21, 2019.

1. kurt corbin

kurt corbin Scribbler - Standard Member

Here ya go.

About the thermal or fan problems with the C940. It's not clear whether those people have the 14" or the 15."

2. Qyygle

Qyygle Pen Pal - Newbie

An idiot reporting here. That was a 14".

On another note, that jitter was likely due to hardware issue. I returned that device for another and only have generic diagonal line wave with the pen now.
    Prior to getting another C940 however, I did try for a day the new 2019 Ice Lake variant, 13" Spectre x360, (1080p IPS) that Best Buy had.
    If you're looking for pen performance, the HPs are still let down by cheap implementation of MPP/N-Trig. As a laptop, the Spectre was great. Nice size, well built, acceptable port options. If you want to do anything other than occasional pdf markup though, the digitizer layer HP uses is terrible. IAF, pressure curve, accuracy with fast strokes, were all pretty bad.

I will say however, both C940 models I tested used the same panel that Notebookcheck's review had (1080p, LP140WF9-SPE2)

3. kurt corbin

Thanks for your sense of humor and your post.

4. kurt corbin

Oyygle's comments in this thread might put your apprehension about the fan to rest.

5. kurt corbin

Dear Oyygle,

How does your jitter compare to this?

6. Qyygle

Qyygle Pen Pal - Newbie

Diagonal wave is definitely worse, but digitizer density looks potentially higher. These were drawn with the same 3" on-screen length he used

Attached Files:

kurt corbin likes this.
  7. kurt corbin

I wonder if it's because his C940 15" has a better digitizer, cpu, or gpu--or some combination of those--or maybe it's his pen?

8. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I doubt it's the pen. The Dell AES 2 pen behaved exactly same as Lenovo AES 2 pen on same panel.

Wavy diagonal jitter is always due to grid density of the digitizer. The Dell pen was great on A940 and C940 15. 6 while crap on Yogabook 2 in terms of jitter. And neither 15W nor 45W i7 would be taxed enough to matter while drawing slow diagonal lines in CSP.

My guess is that grid density is different between C940 14" and 15.6" digitizers.

kurt corbin likes this.
  9. Qyygle

Qyygle Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, that's what I figured. There's no lag or delay while drawing, the cpu never shows higher activity while either so it didn't seem like a performance limit.
    Funny thing, I have a Flex 5 14, (which ironically does occasionally have performance issues, which is why I bought this c940), which has almost perfect diagonal line performance. If that screen itself wasn't so ****ty, and the performance was better, I'd have stayed with that.

Someday, someone will release a perfect device I guess... someday...

10. kurt corbin

Dear Qyygle, Why didn't you get the C940 15?