C-141XL Monitor Buttons problem

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by henniepennie, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henniepennie

henniepennie Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I couldn't find a thread that about this anywhere. I don't know if it is just me because I have 2 friends who have the same model as me and they could rotate their monitor with a push of a button. For me, none of the buttons on my monitor works except for the one to adjust sound and the brightness.

I'm pretty sure I installed all the drivers, but maybe I missed one. If someone call tell me how to get the monitor buttons working it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

Is this new, did you do a clean install, have the buttons ever worked? What OS are you running?

Check in control panel/Tablet PC Settings and then the buttons tab. Are the buttons listed for Journal and Screen Orientation listed? Try the reset button while your there to see if that helps.

Under Control Panel/system/Device Manager are there any hardware that show problems? The button are under "Human Interface Devices".

Go to Gateway support and download the button drivers and reinstall them. Follow the instructions where you get this download - including the uninstall of the old drivers.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. henniepennie

henniepennie Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Scubax,

Thanks for replying, however, I am still having some problems.

For some reason there is no Button tab on my Tablet PC Settings and when I tried to update my buttons drivers, I can't find it in the Human Interface Devices.

Edit: The laptop is almost a year old. And I have never used those buttons until I saw my friends using it recently. And I am running Windows Vista Home Premium.

4. newsposter

newsposter E295C + a pile of gadgets

You need to obtain and install the correct Gateway drivers for the screen buttons as well as the video card & chipset.

5. ScubaX

Here is a link to the C-141XL Vista 32bit drivers.

Go over all your drivers for versions/dates and upgrade what you need. Especially as newsposter said, Buttons, video card and chipset. Since the buttons don't show in your hardware, it is most likely that the drivers are not installed at all.

6. Impache

Impache Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi

I have the same problem as the original poster and was wondering how do you install the drivers if they have never been installed. I tried following what the instructions say but I need to have a Buttons tab which I do not have in the human interface device. Also how do you know if your drivers are out of date? I'm quite new to tablets so any help would be greatly appreciated.

7. gaidensensei

gaidensensei Pen Pal - Newbie

As far as I know, if you install Vista or Windows 7 it's auto recognized by the operating system for what they buttons do. At least, that's what happened to me when I ran it with Vista and then went to 7.

If it seems unresponsive, it might be memory issues. I noticed at 1gb RAM, the rotate screen button rarely worked under decent load, but with 4GB it works like a charm.

8. James Dozet

James Dozet Pen Pal - Newbie

Your probably running WinXP V3. No support for tablet buttons. Go back to V2 or run Vista/Win 7 32x.
    Jehed

9. bignewf

bignewf Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,
    I'm having a similar problem. Ever since updating to Windows 7, I've lost tablet buttons functionality. The rotate screen button seems to work but I can't seem to get the others to work. Also I'm unable to customize the tablet buttons. I've seen the regedit hack that allows customization of these buttons but I can't get it to work in Windows 7.
    If anyone has any ideas or sugestions I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thank you.

10. ScubaX

Go to Gateway and download the Vista buttons driver. Mine works fine, including the one custom button they had before in Vista.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.