C-140x for Art / Design issues - Solved

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Meltdown, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waplespunk

waplespunk Scribbler - Standard Member

Cool, glad to hear it Nike.

Tabletonthevista, I can't explain it as I don't understand it. I'm just phsyched that it works. She didn't tell me any more than what I posted in her quoted thread above, so you know as much as I do.

I was really bummed when we saw this issue come up, but since it's such an easy fix, and it still allows preasure, I'm just lovin' it.

I followed up with Wacom to ask about if this will be something that's put in a future driver release but they're out till Tuesday due to Labor Day. I'll let you know if she says anything else about it.

2. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

i think I see what it was..

There is the normal, mouse input which is contant, and the pen input. You'd expect WACOM's drivers to accoun for it, but it seems based on the mini-info wap provided, they didn't account for pen calibration in the driver, so the regkey added it.

but it works, pressure is working, so who cares...

3. ironfinger

ironfinger Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks you waplespunk!!!! I won't be canceling now!

4. Meltdown

Meltdown Me

Works for me as well. Waplespunk nice work, thanks for the phone perserverence. :) Customer service makes me want to punch things so I avoid it at all costs.

This is great info, hopefully anyone else that is having this trouble stumbles across this thread. I hope Wacom accounts for this in their next driver.

Thanks for everyones input!

5. waplespunk

You're welcome. I'm glad you brought this up to begin with so we were able to get it fixed.

I also normally hate customer service, but I'll tell ya, Wacom has been great. I haven't had to wait long and they actually contacted me with the solution in a VERY timely manner.

6. tabletonthevista

tabletonthevista Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the great work waplespunk! I'm looking forward to what they have to say about the new drivers.

Since I'm a newbie that wants to get into some recreational art, are all the programs that you guys mention here fairly expensive? I just want to be able to do some basic graphic design. Anyone know how to make those fluid/ribbon designs? Sort of like the new Sprint commercial with the glowing lights of stuff..in particular, the thing at the end when the "ribbon" thing kind of just flows from left to right when they show their logo and slogan (something like sprint ahead?) I've tried looking for Photoshop tutorials, but no luck. :(

7. Nominal

Nominal Engineering Student

•I think a free version of the painting software Artrage 2 comes loaded on the tablet, and the full version only costs $25.
    •Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 costs $99.99 on their website.
    •Autodesk SketchBook Pro (its said to be the best drawing/sketching software) is going to cost a bit more--about $179.00.

I'm not exactly sure what Sprint commercial you're referring to. If you find an example I'd be glad to offer what advise I can, or at least try to point you in the right direction.

8. Meltdown

Meltdown Me

Its my opinion that sketchbook is a great program for casual and professional artwork, especially if you own a tablet. Download the demo, let me know what you think, I think its awesome.

9. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Your best bet is the free basic ArtRage. ITs limited in what tools you have (you get only paint brush, chalk, marker, crayon). Witht he $25 version you get more tools, metalic paint, layering, etc.

You want the Adobe CS package? Be prepared to pay a premium. You might get it from your college or cheaper. You can go online and look for sites that have educational pricing. Just google it.

1) Artrage is NOT included in the machine. You get the free version from www.artrage.com

10. waplespunk

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.