C-140x for Art / Design issues - Solved

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Meltdown, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. splitmetal

splitmetal Pen Pal - Newbie

(hi everyone... long time lurker and all that. I've ordered the s7235c/c140x, and I've been watching these Gateway forums with much concern...)

Does anyone have a non-Gateway penabled stylus to test this with (on the c140x, specifically)? I'm curious if it's an issue with the Gateway stylus combined with the wacom drivers.

2. waplespunk

waplespunk Scribbler - Standard Member

I just off a 30 minute support call with Wacom and we tried everything and I told her exactly what was happening. She confered with one of the developers and he said it does, in fact, sound like a bug. Hopfully they'll be able to do something about it there.

So you know, Wacom support is awesome. They've been VERY helpful in this.

By the way, I also have this problem in ArtRage2, whereas Chris said he didn't. I wonder if this is a Wacom/ATI issue. Meltdown, do you have the ATI card? I do.

3. tabletonthevista

tabletonthevista Scribbler - Standard Member

Oo.. this sounds promising.

Chris, if you do buy Photoshop CS2 or 3 for much less than $600 or free, let me know where! :D

4. ironfinger

ironfinger Pen Pal - Newbie

so I n0s4ra2 pulling our legs? if this doesn't work then I aint gonna wait for no stinking driver or update that may never come. I'm canceling this order if no reliable fix comes up by monday.

5. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

universities or go online to ebay

6. Meltdown

Meltdown Me

I do have an ATI card, I will try art rage demo and let you know what I find.

7. zeb

zeb Pen Pal - Newbie

ok as I just go my tablet I installed photoshop, painter, sketchbook and zbrush

I got the same issue, with the wacom driver got pressure sensitivity but there is a the same issue as well with all but sketchbook.
    Need to mention I have vista and the ATI

Anyway i observed that the shift is more important when the pen get closer to the battery side... can you guys confirm that ? I don't know if we can get any conclusion out of it but I'm just trying to cross informations

8. rhumbus

rhumbus Pen Pal - Newbie

hey,
    I've been following this thread silently, as I'm about to buy the c140x. This thread is probably the one that concerns me most as I'm an animator and I am already doing everything via a Wacom tablet for years now. I want a tabletPC to take my art elsewhere, but I don't want to adjust my drawing habits to suit the flaw in the technology.

Looking at the Last post, is there anyone here using the c140x with the Intel graphics instead of the ATI? I'm sure it wouldn't make a difference because it's probably the way the signal from the digitizer is read by the driver, but worth a look anyway.

9. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

Well I have the intel chip, and my artrage works fine... Im not sure how it works for them, but I could tell you if I had photoshop... actually, let me go download like a 10 day trial... ill let you know rhumbus

10. gekim

gekim Animator

Rhumbus:

I'm an animator as well, i'm seriously thinking of switching to motion computing slate... not the best but it was partnered with Bauhaus Mirage for a long time and Bauhaus Mirage was one of the top paperless animation package along with toonboom and Digicel and plastic animation paper. the latest version of mirage is now TVpaint 8.5

i really wish the C140X wacom callibration would get better in the future, otherwise there is really no point getting one.

i hope its just a graphics card issue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.