C-140x for Art / Design issues - Solved

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Meltdown, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolv

Coolv Pen Pal - Newbie

*Sigh*. You're holding the pen differently when you draw and when you click. You should choose an intermediate way to hold it every time. For example, when my pen is at an angle, the cursor goes exactly to where I aim for. If I click on the screen like that all the time, it works perfectly. However, when I am holding the pen straight, the cursor appears to be "off". Once again, hold the pen in the same orientation as when you calibrated the tablet or recalibrate with another orientation.

2. gekim

gekim Animator

meltdown did include in his first post his system specs and he is using windows Vista ultimate, not XP. so it can't be an issue with the operating system then since vista's inking feature is suppose to be better than XP

3. waplespunk

waplespunk Scribbler - Standard Member

If you read the thread, you'll see that we are using Vista and not XP.

CoolV, no matter how I hold the pen, and whichever angle it is pointing I'm still getting the offset issue. Have you guys actually tried Photoshop and verified you don't have the issue we are?

By the Way, I tried the advice I posted above with the other Wacom driver and it didn't help.

4. Meltdown

Meltdown Me

(coolv) I dont see how it can be a calibration issue since this only happens in specific programs. Normal Vista UI operation has perfect calibration.

(pr8son) Thanks will do.

(miki) Thanks for the suggestion, however I am not having any problem RUNNING Photoshop. The problem is that the calibration goes off when I load PS. No amount of re-calibrating seems to fix it.

(shogmaster) Thanks for the info but as gekim and waplespunk said, this post is regarding vista not XP tablet. I am running Vista Ultimate. Im not having the off center accuracy issues in the sense you are speaking. I would however like to hear from anyone who has xp tablet to see if they are having these issues. If these issues dont exist in XP tablet, I'll probably try to dual boot.

Thanks everyone for your input.

**** New info****

It seems that the issue was the Wacom driver I installed to get pressure recognition on the tablet in Photoshop.

The good news...

I uninstalled the wacom driver and now have all the applications that were affected calibrated properly and they stay that way.

The bad news...

No pressure sensitivity in any application, save Sketchbook. Photoshop, mudbox, painter all fail to recognise pressure changes in the pen.

I guess the answer here is to complain to Wacom to get a proper driver out to the public as soon as possable.

(waplespunk) Curious if you see the same effects when you uninstall the wacom driver.

5. n0s4ra2

n0s4ra2 Pen Pal - Newbie

To meltdown.
    I did the same thing and lost pressure.
    Here is what I done to get it back.
    Go to add remove programs remove tablet.
    Then device manger.
    Look under Human interface device
    Remove anything that has wacom in the name
    Then restart. (Vista will add the driver back but no pressure support.) Install driver. Restart install driver a second time.
    It worked for me and everything is calibrated and regained pressure. And seems to be calibrated in Photoshop.

6. waplespunk

waplespunk Scribbler - Standard Member

Awesome! That's great news. I'll try that later.

When I removed my driver, I wasn't sure if I actually removed it. I'm very new at Vista and not sure I did everything right.

7. Coolv

Coolv Pen Pal - Newbie

Are you holding the pen exactly the same when you are clicking on the menus "perfect calibration" and when you are using Photoshop "bad calibration"? If so, then note the calibration error at the bottom of the screen as opposed to the top of the screen, as well as the right of the screen as opposed to the left of the screen, all the while holding the pen exactly as you draw in Photoshop and the menus. Post your results.

8. Meltdown

Meltdown Me

(coolv) I can take the pen and hold it perfectly still over the screen while PS loads. Once PS ccompletes the load I can see the pointer jump out of calibration, I hadent moved the pen.

9. gekim

gekim Animator

thats kinda disappointing to hear that wacom tablet pc drivers are not so good. is this the same for all other tablet pc's? theres really no point in getting a tablet pc for an artist if this is the case. which driver are you guys using?

10. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've never had any issues with the Wacom drivers...
    Don't let these issues put you off. Many artists use Tablets with ease and joy.

Speak with Shogmaster, he will tell you the use in a Tablet for Illustration/Artistic usage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.