Bye bye Fujitsu?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ATIVQ, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

Would be nice if as a result of this acquisition Fujitsu machines would finally get 4K screens, cheaper and readily available parts, downloadable service manuals available... one can dream, at least.

Selofain likes this.
  2. IloveNY

IloveNY Pen Pal - Newbie

If Lifebooks are still made in Japan then probably they won't go any cheaper... I'd like to see them made in Japan, alongside with Panasonic are the only brands remaining...

Starlight5 likes this.
  3. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Well there is one company that still manufactures it's stuff in Japan...VAIO.

Gotta love that Japanese engineering. ;)

4. IloveNY

IloveNY Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't even know that ... but its quality couldn't match FUJITSU / Panasonic standard for many years...

5. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

@IloveNY the parts are still made in China/Taiwan, to my knowledge. Lifebook prices are actually OK for me - maybe because I buy devices at bargain prices anyway, and instead of about a thousand $ difference with say Thinkpad I need to pay only $100-200 more for a comparable Lifebook. I usually would not buy a laptop right after premiere unless it's on a fantastic sale, because that just doesn't make any economic sense. It's like buying a slightly used car vs new from the dealership, which loses 30% of its value just by driving off - only with laptops, one can get a new laptop for half or less price just by waiting 6 months or so. With some models the price really falls only after a year, though - but I am extremely finicky about device choices, and upgrade the hell out of them anyway, so, given the fact that each new Intel CPU & iGPU generation does not bring any substantial improvement in performance or battery life, and new features are introduced even more rarely, I can live with that.

kvoram likes this.
  6. NVKnivek

NVKnivek Pen Pal - Newbie

Luky you to have the NVS 4200M version of the T901 ;);). I can find only the version without dedicated graphics used :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.