Bye bye Fujitsu?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by ATIVQ, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Rondo60, kvoram and Marty like this.
  2. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

3. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I still vastly preferred preferred the Stylistic line of convertibles to the Yoga series. Swivel top > yoga design any day... ;)

Not to mention, Fujitsu put out some really amazing 10" tablets like the Q584 back in the day. I still think it's among the best mini tablet pcs you can buy.

dellaster, salyavin, Rondo60 and 2 others like this.
  4. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

NOOOOOOOO!!!, goddammit, what the f*#%! +☠**?!!**@X£X?'#§?X!!£*?$?!!☠?!!

Ok, admittingly Fujitsu's Tablet PCs of the recent past had their issues, mainly in terms of underperforming CPUs and secondary maybe a lack of innovation.
    Thermal engineering/heat dissipation/fan control are inexplicably something that Fujitsus engineers are incapable of figuring out.

But what I really liked about Fujitsu is that they prioritized functional design over useless beauty, similar to Vaio. Compared to the rest of the industry they also offered real, proper keyboard docks with their detachables instead of those flimsy Surface-like keyboard covers.

I was always waiting for them to release a 3:2 tablet with a proper keyboard dock and reasonably good performance.

While Lenovo does know how to build good computers, I still have doubts if someone else would not have been better to continue the Thinkpad line. I can't say for certain but I think the majority of IBM Thinkpad users think of these being better than what Lenovo is doing.

I guess my concern is that we might get less differentiation because of the merger and that Lenovo-Fujitsu might not necessarily make better devices in the future because of it. Lenovo could be just after Fujitsu's business customers.

+ ∞

My T5010 was (and to a lesser degree still is) a damn fine machine.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    Starlight5 and WillAdams like this.
  5. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

I was hoping Fujitsu would release another expandable quad-core rotating hinge convertible, this time with 4K screen. Not going to happen, sadly. )'=

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  6. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Sadness.

7. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

It depends what they plan on doing with the Stylistic line. When Lenovo acquired IBM PC division, they kept the general design (and all-important keyboard) of the ThinkPad line.

They'll probably release at least one more swivel-top Stylistic just to test the business market demand (vs their existing ThinkPad offerings).

However, it is almost certain it will be a dual-core U series processor. :( Even the T734 seemed like Fujitsu's lost stepchild, compared to the rest of the Stylistic line.

Starlight5 likes this.
  8. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Awwwww, Fujitsu, no. D:

Same. My T901 will never win any beauty contests, but I love it because it provides so much functionality, a lot of which newer just tablets don't have.

Starlight5 likes this.
  9. Rondo60

Rondo60 Pen Pal - Newbie

Wonder how this will effect the warranty of a recent purchase, just got a T935 last year with a 3yr. warranty.

10. Rondo60

Rondo60 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.