Buying spanish QWERTY notebook

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by Gasdev, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Gasdev

Gasdev Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey there, you guys!

I just wanted so help trying to solve this mess out. I'm from Argentina and I'll be spending two weeks in France and Switzerland in a few days, so I've been meaning to buy a notebook there since they are half the price of what you can find them here. I was planning on getting an ASUS Transfromer 3 Pro or a Lenovo Yoga 910 but everytime I look into an online outlet they all feature an AZERTY keyboard instead of QWERTY. The best scenario would be to get a Spanish QWERTY regardless of the product, but I cant seem to find one anywhere. I've tried on getting one shipped from Spain via amazon and they either don't have the notebook I'm looking for or cost a lot more.

Do you have any suggestions? The respective brand support services have not been very helpful.

2. Gocho

Gocho Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Gasdev,

I'll try with fnac.com
    It's a big French dealer of books, games and tech. I don't know if the price is ok because it's hard to me think that amazon could cost a lot more. They have stores in Spain, France, Switzerland and many other countries.

So, they must have Azerty and Qwerty notebooks. You can search for a store in your trip, order the laptop with a Qwerty keyboard and get it in less than an hour.

http://recherche.fnac.com/SearchRes...=0!1&Search=ASUS+Transfromer+3+Pro&sft=1&sa=0
    http://recherche.fnac.com/SearchResult/ResultList.aspx?SCat=0!1&Search=+Lenovo+Yoga+910&sft=1&sa=0

If you don't have luck with the french webpage, you can try with the spanish one (fnac.es) and ask if they could send it to fnac stores in France.

Good luck.

3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

I know Lenovo service centers can replace your laptop keyboard for any of their available laptop keyboards, and they surely have Spanish. It's a really simple replacement and doesn't cost too much. I bought my laptops at a brick-and-mortar shop and they let the customer choose the keyboard layout. Asus can probably do the same.

4. Gasdev

Gasdev Pen Pal - Newbie

So, would you suggest to buy one in advance and then have the given keyboards replaced? I'll try to contact either company and ask whether if that is possible. I always get a reply from lenovo the following day, but I cant ever seem to get ASUS to write me back.

@Gocho: I'm already looking at fnac but I also have to reach for them since they don't say whether the keyboard is QWERTY spanish or not and if it features Thunderbolt 3.