Buying new main battery - t5010

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by darkphantom, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkphantom

darkphantom Scribbler - Standard Member

Any ideas on where to get the cheapest OEM battery? I've seen some around, but the OEM main lithium battery is 5800mah, and those go for $135 if I'm not mistaken.

Any place to get the same battery for cheaper? Where do you guys get your batteries from?

2. mmccord

mmccord Scribbler - Standard Member

I have had terrible experiences with non-fujitsu batteries. I don't know why (doesn't seem that hard to make a battery...). Maybe just bad luck.

3. darkphantom

darkphantom Scribbler - Standard Member

where was it that you purchased from? so i know to stay clear...

4. mmccord

mmccord Scribbler - Standard Member

It was 'Axiom' brand. This was for T4010d's. Have a few 'Dekcell' batteries on the way now, hopefully they are better. Unfortunately, Fujitsu no longer makes batteries for this model, so I am stuck with generics.

We still have about 35 4010s in use, hope to get at least 2 more years out of them.

5. qhorque

qhorque Scribbler - Standard Member

There are not a lot of solutions out there and you pretty much just have to Google the battery and see what vendors come up. Once you see what's out there, you will definitely need to Google the vendors to make sure they are reputable.

I have an older P5020D and might still be able to get batteries from Fujitsu but the problem is that you can't be assured of the age of what you get. If it's *brand new*, even from Fujitsu, the battery could be as old as the ones I received with the laptop when I bought it new. If so, they are likely in the same condition as mine even though they've never been used - all of these batteries lose capacity over time even when not used.

Then again, the problem with aftermarket batteries might not be the battery themselves but the charging circuitry built into them that cause the problems. They may not be of the best quality and can cause under-charging, over-charging, and poor battery level monitoring. It's the luck of the draw.

Also, there are several outfits that refurbish batteries but I have yet to be convinced any of them are reliable dealers and have not sent mine in to be re-celled. Cheaper than buying new but, if a failure, it's a waste of money nonetheless.

Use Google to the best of your ability to find the best vendor and don't worry too much about price. That's my advice.

6. 6bowmans

6bowmans Pen Pal - Newbie

Ebay is also a good place to try - just make sure it is a fujitsu and not a chinese knock off.

7. adretzios

adretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

The Fujitsu battery of the T5010 is really poor so I do not believe that a Chinese knock off would be much worse. In fact, the battery that came with my comptuter degraded really fast (despite my efforts). This was the complaint of all the users at that time. So, a Chinese knock off may just be the ticket

8. 6bowmans

6bowmans Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmmm...my battery output has not dropped significantly after a year and a half of use. If most folks are having issues with the battery, I must be lucky...and maybe you SHOULD by Chinese :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.