Buying in Canada

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Bhaltair, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrianL

BrianL Pen Pal - Newbie

Alright, I'm about 90% decided on the Fujitsu T4020 (over the HPtc4200 and Acer C204), and I would be 100% if it weren't for the following predicament.....

I happen to live in Canada, so whereas orders in/to the US can be made for custom configurations of the T4020, in Canada we have the choice between only two pre-configured models. One is the lower-end T4020A model, and the high-end T4020B. The problem is that the configuration I'd like lies between the two.

The T4020A is lacking in terms of screen, HDD, RAM, Bluetooth, and Fingerprint reader. The T4020B has things I don't want to pay for or plain don't want: indoor/outdoor screen, 2.0GHz CPU, DVD+/- and its considerably more expensive (about $800 CDN). Also, neither offers the SXGA option, which is available in the US.

What should I do? Should I settle on the lower-end and try to upgrade later? I really don't think that the higher-end model is worth the price increase, especially for things I don't want (outdoor screen). I've contacted Fujitsu resellers here, and they told me the only things they can configure are the RAM and HDD, so they seem pretty useless. I know there are sites in the US that will let me customize, but then I'll have to pay Duty Fees on top of taxes and shipping! So does anyone know where I could get a Fujitsu customized in Canada?

Thanks

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I know there are several resellers in CA, but I don't know if they offer configured models. Try dropping a note to PortableOne, www.portableone.com and ask them if they can recommend a retailer who can offer a cusom model. Tell them we sent you, I'm sure they can help you out or find a way to sell it to you themselves.

3. Dustin

Dustin Pen Pal - Newbie

I feel for you, and believe me when i say there is no way to customize in canada.

I tried everything to get a customized tc4200, going as far as asking my cousins if they would relay it to me. However it didnt work. Eventually I just stopped down to the pre-made one.

The only way that someone in canada could get a customized model would be if you went though an ebay reseller. However be sure to check the company warranty, for HP the warranty only comes into effect for american citizens.

4. Bhaltair

Bhaltair Pen Pal - Newbie

why cant you configure s Fujitsu in Canada? the U.S. # goes to Ontario, CA to order anyway. I've been having problems ordering mine (credit Card Varification issues with the shipping address being different) and I've heard about four different stories from different customer service reps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.