Buying from USA - need help with postage

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by pwnsweet, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwnsweet

pwnsweet Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys,

Some of you may know me from my posts in the HP and Lenovo sections of this forum helping out people, specifically with information on the panels in the 2730p, X200 and X201 but now I need some help myself.

I'd like to buy two HP Mini Messenger bags (VX402AA) from the USA and have them shipped over to me in Australia. Walmarts online store have got them on sale for $19.00 but they only ship to the USA. Is there anyone who is reputable on these forums and would be kind enough to buy these for me and ship them over? I can pay you for the bags before you buy them with Paypal and then again for the postage cost to Australia.

These bags are not available in Australia, and the cheapest I can find them on ebay (incl. post to Australia) is US$52ea. So if there's anyone out there who can do this for me it would be greatly appreciated.

2. 970261

970261 Scribbler - Standard Member

3. adam.mt

adam.mt Super Moderator Senior Member

quote "Buy.com ships within the continental United States, Alaska and Hawaii only."

4. 970261

970261 Scribbler - Standard Member

Oh whoops. :p

Didn't catch that. As a side note/answer, i would be willing to buy/ship these bags if no one else replies.

Update:
    Not sure ATM if i will be available for the next few days (weeks?). Hopefully someone else can help sooner than i can.

5. mazzarin

mazzarin Pen Pal - Newbie

Post to Australia might just make up the difference tbh. I priced out your shipping from all the major carriers, both normal and freight, and from USPS it'll cost you about $45 just for the shipping in a box that might require some squeezing for both bags. So you're looking at $89 total when you factor in taxes and all -- not a huge differential.

It might be possible to get a better deal if anyone on the forum does shipping through their businesses but it's likely a grey area :p

6. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

You might see if the eBay seller will combine shipping and get the cost down. Paying $89 for $38 worth of stuff would gripe me - I would find a local alternative and live with it. But that's just me and I spend way too much on stuff I should not.

I too am willing to help you, the cost sounds pretty high though. I would hope they come in one box from Walyworld and then just re-label that box.

Let me know if you want me to do this. You can PayPal me the cost of the items + tax which is approximately 8.75% (online varies and this is my local tax) and I think standard shipping is free. If you want to do this I will total up the order and give it to you before clicking the buy button.

Then once they arrive I will take them to the UPS store and get a price - and procedure and let you know so you can PP that to me, then I will ship.

I'm always willing to help, but don't want to become a shipping and clearing house. Someone else can take the next one if anyone else is looking for help.

P.S. I think you need to PP as a gift or they take a cut of that.

7. pwnsweet

pwnsweet Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys,

First of all, thanks a lot for the overwhelming response. It's really warming to the soul when people are willing to actually go out of their way to help a relative newbie to these forums. I really appreciate it guys.

That said, I may not need any help after all as thenerds.net currently have the bags for US$18.99 ea. and they post internationally. I can get both bags incl. post for US$84.32. This is about US$20 cheaper than when I can expect to pay on ebay and I'm about ready to hit the buy button.

Before I do though, is there any reason why I shouldn't buy from thenerds.net?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.