Buying a mouse

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Juice, Jun 14, 2008.

1. yournam

yournam Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I am looking for a new mouse. It can be optic/laser, probably standard or bigger notebook mouse, bluetooth enabled mouse. I don't want to use that bluetooth dongle (i want to free up one usb), I just want to use my bluetooth in notebook. Do you think I can use the integrated bluetooth receiver even if there is any dongle enclosed with the mouse? I like Microsoft 8000 wireless presenter, but it has a dongle. What other mouse would you recommend me? (Microsoft, Logitech, but NOT Genius).

2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've got the "diNovo Media Desktop Laser" set for my desktop pc and all three devices (mouse, keyboard, MediaPad) works with any bluetooth enabled pc without the need of using the enclosed bluetooth dongle or even the Logitech software. So it works on my Fujitsu T2010 without any problems.
    You just add the mouse, keyboard or mediapad like a handy or headset in the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack software. I think every bluetooth capable input device works with the integrated bluetooth module.

Just get a mouse with a charging station and a Li-Ion battery, so that you don't have to replace the batteries each 2 weeks or so.

3. Dale

Dale Pen Pal - Newbie

I have to disagree with Frank. I got the MS Presenter 8000 (I also tried a Logitech V470) and it would not work with the Toshiba BT stack (apparently it will work with Vista, however - I am running XP SP2). The Toshiba BT stack is apparently a problem, and switching to the MS BT stack is beyond my capabilities. So, I am using the USB dongle and ignoring my built in BT.

4. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I also use XP SP2. On the T2010 XP SP2 TE, on a VAIO notebook XP SP2, and it works.
    Just open the Toshiba BT Stack, select "New connection", "Express Mode", and then push the "connect" Button on the back of the mouse/keyboard and let the pc find it. If he didn't found the mouse, try again, this time activate the "connect" button of the mouse first and then start searching for it on the PC, just try a bit, or keep holding the "connect" button while searching, or or or. It should work.

5. Dubdub

Dubdub Gadget Freak

Running XP on all my machines. I use Logitec Laser MX310's on the desktops and a Microsoft wireless laser for the laptops. Just got the Kensington slimline laser to try out. So far so good.

6. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There's no requirement to use the dongle if you have BT built in. I use the MS BT mouse just fine with my Asus.

7. hoochimagoo

hoochimagoo Pen Pal - Newbie

Like Frank, I have the XP T2010 with built-in Toshiba BT. I recently purchased the Microsoft Presenter 8000 mouse which works fine with the T2010 Toshiba BT. So no need for the additional BT dongle.

8. msetten

msetten msetten

I am using a Kensington Si670m bluetooth mouse with my Toshiba M700 tablet and it works perfect without any problems. The mouse itself is also great. Not too small, not too large. Good grip (both for left and right handed people). Works on all sorts of material.

9. comp_clown

comp_clown Pen Pal - Newbie

I am really at a lost about all these bluetooth mouse.. I have heard of wireless and laser ones but I have no idea about the bluetooth one..

10. kapblp

kapblp Scribbler - Standard Member

I concur. Don't use the dongle at all on my 8000 on an HP TX2110. It also worked on a 1410 and a Dell Laptop.